105 Years in the Watchtower Service

by concerbedbf 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• concerbedbf
    concerbedbf

Has anyone viewed this video? Im considering purchasing it for my gf, who is a long term book study. She is reluctantly reading CoC not sure if it is helping or hurting. I thought maybe seeing a video from former witnessess who are all women might allow her to sympathize. She might then try to understand they are not just some confused (evil) apostate. Right now she seams enamored with her study conductors and people at her congregation. Im not sure if this is just love bombing, the fact that she really does know them on a personal level, or simply so caught up she wont see their hypocricy. Anyhow if someone could recomend this It would compell me to spend the 40$ on a vhs tape.

• RR
    RR

Never heard of it! Who produced it???

• VM44
    VM44

"105 Years in the Watchtower Service" video is made by the The Ankerberg Theological Research Institute.

http://www.johnankerberg.org/catalog/product4.html

--VM44

• Ade
    Ade

Hmm its hard to say my friend,
    i personally would show her from the bible, people here would help.After all , she can deny raymond franz's book or the video, but will she deny evidence they are wrong from the bible??

I'd place a post asking for scriptures to show her the error of the JW doctrine and the doctrinal changes through the years.

All the best
    Ade

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Looks like thems sum good money to be made outta that thar religion stuff

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

I have never heard of that video, so hard to comment.

If she is a bible study she will be largely unaware of the changes that occured in the religion so I definitely recommend asking her about the history of the religion. There are a lot of changes and strange facts listed at jwfacts.com that will give you topics to discuss.

Find out if the kingdom hall she goes to has Studies in the Scriptures in the library. That way she can look at in and see that the Watchtower Society did say the end would come in 1914, and so on, and that what Russell wrote is very different to what they believe now.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

alt

That Ankerberg fellow is annoying.

He is a slick television preacher who has built a life around trashing other religions. He strikes me as a televangelist in the 1980's tradition of bad suits and self righteous indignation. Try some of the videos on the net instead, they're free.

W.Once

• concerbedbf
    concerbedbf

thanks, Im definently doing the challenging the history, and trying to use the bible to show they are not a credible source of anything. I agree Ankerberg seems like he is a con-man, but thought maybe she would relate to the women in the video. If there are other videos from a female perspective that go through the false prophecy and changing doctrine. I would love to know about them. Im going to start a new thread, about CoC vs. The proclaimers book.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome to the forum!! I have never heard of this tape. But I wish you well.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Justin
    Justin

You have to decide if its worth it to expose her to something that will attempt to convert her to another religion rather than simply presenting information regarding the one she's already getting involved with. I would think all the women will give their testimony as to how they finally saw the real truth - not simply relate their disagreeable experience with JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit