Question: If you don't believe the wts as truth why still in FS?

by hambeak 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with Arthur that most people that post on JWD are ex-JWs and even when they were going to JW meetings, they put little if no time into going door to door.

Some JWs deal with the harassment from the elders re being inactive by turning in the minimum required 1 hour, usually phantom time. Then they gradually cut down on the number of meetings attended.

Many non-JWs ask about going door to door because they are not aware of all the ways JWs can circumvent it (as some posters outlined above).

I went to meetings for ten years and avoided door to door in various ways because I could not invite anyone to come to the KH and be treated in the unloving way I was. Actually, I talked non-JWs that were studying with JWs to stop studying...can that be called nonwitnessing? Many use only the Bible and never offer any literature. I even know of some who make it a point to work alone and then never knock on the door or ring the bell.

Believe me the JW that comes to your door and tries to get you to take their publications or have a bible study are not the ones who don't believe any longer. The ones that actually do make return visits and get you to have that "doorstep" bible study or are constantly inviting your to come to the KH are the ones who are the "true believers."

Once JWs realize that it is not "the truth" it takes time to develop an exit plan. I'd be the last person to set a time line for anyone.

Blondie

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

There is an easier way!!

Leave a old Watchtower at a laundrymat. Go about your business.....grocery shopping..errands. After your done with your errands stop by that laundrymat and leave the accompanying Awake. Whalla....and easy 3 to 4 hours.

Seriously....I do remember when I pioneered that technique was used. We'd stop at an adult home and leave literature. Then we would take our morning break...drive on purpose to a territory that was far away and got to count the time. It got your time added up a little easier!!

Anyone remember those days? .....................it's called...tricks of the trade!!!

gold_morning

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I still go out some to keep up appearances but have been very slack. There are a couple of folks that I make RVs on that we basically chit chat. Sometimes I leave mags, many times not. That takes up an hour right there. I've done the fake doorbell trick, etc and try to talk to as few people as possible. I haven't been out with the tract yet and am trying to avoid it. FS is highly ineffective in terms of recruiting in the English speaking territory in the US, so at most, I'm a minor annoyance. I won't be conducting any Bible studies, that's for sure.

• canadian girl
    canadian girl

I am sorry that I came across as so nasty. It was in the heat of the moment and I did not realise that, I guess, that this was mostly non JWs. I would really just like to get a hold of the ones that "stole" my mother from her family. Again I am sorry for my words.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Doubting Bro:

What is your congregation saying about the KN campaign? What have the responses been from householders? I have heard from members of my family that the campaigns in their congregations are "going well". I'm wondering if this is because the Witnesses really aren't trying to engage in discussion regarding the tract; but are merely leaving it in people's hands.

Many people on this forum have said that they had tracts stuffed in their doors and mail slots without anyone knocking on their door. I think that many Witnesses are afraid to try to engage in any lengthy contact when leaving this tract; so they just leave it at the door.

What are you hearing from your congregation? Just curious.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I am sorry that I came across as so nasty. It was in the heat of the moment and I did not realise that, I guess, that this was mostly non JWs.

Don't sweat it c.g. We all have fired off emotional posts from time to time. Don't be afraid to stick around; you are always welcome.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Chameleon, I love your approach to field service-keeping your parents AND your conscience happy is a wonderful achievment!! Very clever. I hope that others who are forced to participate in WT activities can take your example and run with it. Just think if people went to the doors and actually read/taught something positive that Jesus said(dir. from scripture) and just left. Of course, this would actually be a good witness of Jesus, which might cause some JWs to twitch and have funny spasms, but those on the way out could do it with a straight face--even non believers in God can say something like the Golden rule and be off with a clear unhypocritical concience. Awesome.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome Canadian Girl,

You will find many people here who can relate to you. I hope you find help and some solace on this board filled with ex, ex-ing and current JWs who know better. It is a great place to learn, and find out that you are not alone in missing your mom. I don't know the story, but we can all relate to some extent. I wish you well and happy!

Shelly

• canadian girl
    canadian girl

Thank you Arthur. I think that I will stick around for awhile.

• canadian girl
    canadian girl

Thank you Shelly. I am sure that I will find many a freind here. And I sure do miss my mom. She is the only blood family that I have here in this town so it is very hard some days. We used to spend so much time together and now i feel like her so called freinds are trying to get her away from me. It just really sucks. I mean what is gonna happen at Christmas time when my 7 and 8 year olds ask "where is Gramma"? She has always been there for them and now? I guess time will tell now won't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit