LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT...........................

by enlightenedcynic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

A governing body member dies and althoughbeit several months later after his death, he gets a full page eulogy complete with brief life story and picture.(See 9/15/06 wt pg. 31 about Albert Schroeder) Of course the wts does this anytime a high ranking official in their org passes away. What happened though to the policy of not giving undue praise to man??? On the other hand, a rank and file dub gets maybe 5 minutes mention in his or her own funeral talk and the rest of the talk is about their "marvelous hope" for the future. I understand the dynamics and politics at play here but I still can't believe that most dubs don't see the blatant hypocrisy taking place! Humble men. HAH!!! The wts leaders are a bunch of egotistical and arrogant bastards.

ec

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hypocrisy....one of the main reasons I left. Extreme lack of love was the greater reason, but I think they should get equal billing.

• Butters
    Butters

It's basically the same shit that hits the tube every night... The media blows up the story about the dead Sherriff for several days consecutively, and then a story about 4 teenagers dying in a car wreck gets 3 minutes of attention. Or even worse yet, the thousands of executions and deaths in foreign countries that doesn' t even get reported here. The other day in Nimbambwea, (whereever the hell that is) Some asshole has a firing squad to shoot 25 people who allegedly stole some chickens from a barn in the middle of butt [edit] Egypt because they were hungry. Here, someone steals a car and the helicopters and news media is all over the freeway watching every minute and the news casters make various shallowly bias comments after the man is caught like, "It's a good thing they caught him, he could have done all sorts of damage and hurt all sorts of people in the united states, because the united states has people that count".

Sorry for the langauge but seriously, this damn ranking one human ape above another has got to stop. We are all apes, created equal and we all shit the same color and fart the same smells. We all get cavities and we all piss other people off. We all suck!

Death to all! Silly human race... Give the planet back to the squirrels and tweety birds.

Butters

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

butters is a fence sitter

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT...........................

You got it straight.

The wts leaders are a bunch of egotistical and arrogant bastards.

I second that emotion.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Butters too bad you're in Florida and I'm in Texas I would love to buy you a beer and talk. I enjoy your posts keep em up kid.

Hammy

• delilah
    delilah

a rank and file dub gets maybe 5 minutes mention in his or her own funeral talk and the rest of the talk is about their "marvelous hope" for the future. I understand the dynamics and politics at play here but I still can't believe that most dubs don't see the blatant hypocrisy taking place!

Yeah, what a freakin crock of crap that is! This is the reason why I do not want to attend my grammy's memorial service this Saturday at the local kingdumb hell. My mom wants me to go, to support her. I already said my goodbyes, Saturday morning, when she passed. She won't even be there, and I do not want to listen to someone eulogize my Grammy,( a woman they hardly knew, and did not visit in the nursing home), for 10 minutes, then preach religion for the next 45 minutes. Gag me!! Pisses me right off!!!

The dubs don't see the hypocrasy....my mom leaned in to whisper, "I'm so sorry mom, you weren't supposed to die before armaggeddon", yet in the next breath, she says, "You'll wake up in the new system and be young and"....blah, blah, blah. I couldn't believe my ears.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I read that article which prompted a topic from me asking about families living at Bethel.

I too think it is a crock at jw memorials. When my dad died, at his funeral by the way in a funeral home not a hall. Nothing mentioned about what a great guy he was only the heavenly hope for a few and earth for the rest.

• aarque
    aarque

Five minute mention in a funeral talk?????

At my dad's memorial service, they never talked about him AT ALL... didn't even say his name... just went right into the lecture... or, as my husband says, their recruiting speech.....

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Yhea, but he was Albert "big ass" Schroeder a member of the Governing Body.

brzfst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit