What's Your Favourite Board Game? Fluff Level 3

by Clam 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Clam
    Clam

What's your favourite board game? I'm asking because I want to go out tomorrow and buy a new one.

My kids have re-discovered that they can be a lot more fun than PS2 games and of course it's something we can all play together on a more sociable level.

Monopoly still takes some beating, but what's your recommendation?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Monopoly is great but I also enjoy a lot playing chess because it makes you think so much and sharpens perception.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

How old are your kids?

• Clam
    Clam

6 and 12

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Monopoly is fun but can take hours to play.

Cranium is a new-ish one that seems to appeal to kids.

I liked Life and Battleship.

Chess is a great game to teach them (if you play well enough to teach them).

My brothers and I play backgammon.

I don't know if they do this every year, but 2 or 3 years ago Toys 'R Us had a Buy One boardgame, Get One free.

Hope this helps.

-Aude.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Old Favorites: Monopoly & Scrabble

New Favorite: Deflextion/Khet. Khet is like chess only your pieces have mirrors on them and the object of the game take out your opponents pharoh with a laser beam. It's really fun! http://www.khet.com/

• Clam
    Clam

Thanks - I'll look out for KHET. We do play chess which is a game I'm really into but we can't play it together. I remember some years ago I liked a game called Take the Brain which was a variation on chess but was simpler.

• Fe2O3Girl
  • daystar
  • jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

My wife and I love to play Othello (sometimes called turncoat).

Growing up my favorite board game was definetely Risk. It can take hours to play though.

We also like Taboo, or Balderdash when we have friends over. They're very social games and I agree with you that they are more fun than video games even though I love video games.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit