The Creator's Creator...

by dorayakii 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ian

I have a wide set of skills to avert boredom. In addition to being able to argue with myself I can also flirt with walls.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I have a wide set of skills to avert boredom. In addition to being able to argue with myself I can also flirt with walls.

ROFLAO!

Ian

• Butters
    Butters

What happens when the walls slap you? Do you switch to the drapes?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

definetly something to ponder.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

dorayakii: ...of course, creationists would argue that God did not begin to exist, he merely... exists. Therefore, if we can say something like that about God, why can we not say that Life itself... just exists? Why do special rules apply to the Creator, and why does he get out of the logical equation? (and don't just say "because he's the Creator d'uh" coz that doesnt hold water)

Lets make a preposition here:

'The creator' does not have to be an intelligent, supreme, omnipotent being.

'The creator' created the big bang.

Therefore, using your logic: What created 'The creator'?

steve

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    creationists would argue that God did not begin to exist, he merely... exists

Yeah, and I would argue that's a load of bollocks, or "argumentum ad testiculi".

Hell, they'd figured out it was an invalid argument 2,500 years ago, if not before.

Even cosmologists recognise that 'because' is an unsatisfactory claim, and have hypotheses to explain how things came to be from 'nothing' which will possibly be testable given particle accelerators of sufficient size.

I look forward to some theists still claiming it's all impossible without god; 'cause even if they DO create artifical universes, there will still be those clinging to the feet of the bronze-age goatherd.

The 'classical' theistic approach is simply lazy; "yeah, god was there for always 'cause I say so, 'cause other people have said so, so it must be true, init?

I mean, at least use some fricking imagination;

"The god of our universe was the end product of 5,000 billion years of evolutionary development in another Universe that collapsed in on itself. Our god was sufficiently developed to not be reabsorbed into the Universe upon its colapse and upon the re-expansion of the Universe we now inhabit controlled the naturalistic processes of the next Universes expansion to its own ends so as to create life in its own image."

Show me that written on a 5,000 year old Egyptian monument in hieroglyphics and I would be seriously impressed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit