ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL TONIGHT - AUSTRALIA REVEALED

by juni 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Just trying to get your GOAT Mate...

Well you got that! Chalk up a point...

• zeroday
    zeroday

NO points needed. Just a little humor. GOD he's not in TENNESSEE is he. Better LOCK my doors....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I dunno, I sure encountered lots of Aborigines in the outback in QLD and NT. At almost every step in the way. Been to Japan twice, travelled all over, haven't met a single Ainu.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Well Juni thanks for the heads up I've got it set to record as it's on way past my bed time and it's a long program too! I'll watch it later it sounds interesting.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I dunno, I sure encountered lots of Aborigines in the outback in QLD and NT. At almost every step in the way. Been to Japan twice, travelled all over, haven't met a single Ainu.

NO points needed. Just a little humor. GOD he's not in TENNESSEE is he. Better LOCK my doors....

WIll you guys just leave me alone!! Pick on someone your own size or mental stature!

• zeroday
    zeroday
    WIll you guys just leave me alone!! Pick on someone your own size or mental stature!

YOU need some serious help bud... We are not picking on you. You are coming here to see everyone's reaction to you. Stop coming here if you have a problem.

• zagor
    zagor

Australia is not made of convicts any more than America is made of cowboys and indians. People forms all over the world have come to live here. In particular foundations have been laid by people from some of the most passionate and hard working parts of Europe (and world) who are proud of their mixed heritage.
    First time visitors might be (and often are) surprised by unrestrained genuineness, openness and lack of sophisticated phoniness or in translation if an Australian tells you something, chances are that was exactly what he/she meant, how about that for a change? As for convict history, did you know that United Kingdom shipped out people who were basically unhappy with status quo and wanted to see a change? That same pioneering spirit still permeates Australian society.
    In fact, I believe Australia took over where America left by building on the spirit of early settlers. You see that only in your romantic movies about your Wild West, we live it every day. Why don’t you come over for visit and see for yourself?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Stephanus,

of the "doesn't have kangaroos bouncing down his street everyday" class.

You must not be one of the 'lucky' aussies then. I had a girlfriend in Australia (Adelaide, S.A.) once, who's father took in kangaroos that couldn't be released back into the wild for some reason or another. He had 3 - at one time.

The gal wound up with one of them - in her backyard - after her dad went to live in another country - and she had the 'roo until he died a few years later.

zagor - I believe Australia took over where America left by building on the spirit of early settlers. You see that only in your romantic movies about your Wild West, we live it every day. Why don’t you come over for visit and see for yourself?

I intend on visiting Australia - next year, perhaps. Always wanted to travel there and see some of the outback. Not too interested in the touristy bits... but am more interested in the 'real' bits. It would be nice to be able to get to know someone at that end that could guide - and direct me to the better places to see. (Either that, or I can just use a tourist book.)

Regards,

Jim TX - of the I learned to eat Vegemite - and like it class

• juni
    juni

My sincere apologies Stephanus. I'll PM you.

Show was wonderful. I only wish I had the money to go there. From 2 particular posters here I have learned a lot of facts about Australia. A wonderful continent - unique in so many ways - and lovely people.

Juni

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi, Juni!!! I've been tuning in since it started about two or three weeks ago............saw Australia last night..........it was AWESOME!!! Especially loved the parts on the Aboriginal peoples...........stayed up way past my bedtime to watch..........a big thumbs up from me~~~

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit