ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL TONIGHT - AUSTRALIA REVEALED

by juni 62 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL, TONIGHT AT 9PM EASTERN TIME (DETERMINE YOUR TIME ACCORDINGLY) THEY ARE STARTING A NEW SERIES ABOUT DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND CONTINENTS IN THE WORLD.

IT LOOKS VERY INTERESTING.

JUNI

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Cool, I'm gonna to have to watch that.

• Mary
    Mary
    juni said: FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL, TONIGHT AT 9PM EASTERN TIME (DETERMINE YOUR TIME ACCORDINGLY) THEY ARE STARTING A NEW SERIES ABOUT DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND CONTINENTS IN THE WORLD.

Thansk Juni.....Gee, maybe we'll see uncie bruce on there if it's featuring Australia tonight.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Gee, maybe we'll see uncie bruce on there if it's featuring Australia tonight.

Unless he's moved to the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge or Uluru (Ayre's Rock, in the Ancient Tongue), he's not likely to show up.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Will they show the prisons where everyone lives.

• juni
    juni

Mary - cheeky girl! Maybe some wombat pooh?

I know they showed some pics of the Aborigines.

Juni

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Will they show the prisons where everyone lives.

You do realise that the reason England began a penal colony in NSW in 1788 was because they could no longer transport convicts to the American colonies, due to losing the Revolutionary War? That there are probably more descendents of transported British convicts in the South (including Tennessee) than in all of Australia? That South Australia boasts of having been a free settlement? Or are you just ignorant?

I know they showed some pics of the Aborigines.

Another bloody stereotype! Aborigines make up about 2% of the population, and most of that percentage live in coastal cities, like the rest of us. It's as sensible to show tribal Aborigines when showing the "real Australia" as it is to showcase the Anu when showing the "real Japan"in all these guiltfests that pass as documentaries.

Stephanus,

of the "doesn't have kangaroos bouncing down his street everyday" class.

• juni
    juni

Oh lighten up Stephanus. Go have a drink or something.

I know that about the Aborigines. I'm still interested in the vastness of the continent, etc.

Juni

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Oh lighten up Stephanus.

Why? I'll never have film crews documenting my life and those of my family, but I think our lives are still valid. I've struggled with various kinds of mental illness, managed to stay married for some time, and raised some good kids while losing one on the way. In this day and age, you aren't important unless big media picks up your story. I'm sorry we small and ordinary Australians aren't worthy of your attention! Forget I said anything.

Oh, and I don't drink because alcohol and my medication don't mix too well. I'm sorry about that, too!

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Or are you just ignorant?

Just trying to get your GOAT Mate... Lighten UP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit