Watchtower Headquarters video inside/outside

by SeymourButts 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

This was just added to youtube...a news station video of the WTBTS in NY. Notice the high $$$$ furnishings. There are several comments by current JWs who find the video "upbuilding". (gag!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hreQ3ZXnobk

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

it's a little old. thanks for the post though. good reminders ;-)

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

figures....It is the first I had seen it. I guess I don't pay much attention to the society anymore.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Count your blessings: Our first appartment did not have a kitchen. Look we now have a kitchen. Our appartment is 10 x 12. To us it´s big......

Have you seen the dining room....everybody is rushing.....!Que aproveche! Bon appetite! Mahlzeit!

It always gives me the creeps when I see bethel.

Cheers

Borgia

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I live down here in Clearwater Florida where another cult the scientoligist have their headquarters. I think the Witnesses have them beat. I'm kind of proud to have been an ex witness after seeing that.

That was a pretty big organization, I escaped from.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Its hard to believe ALL THAT is off the back of just selling books and magazines.

That restored 'palace' that has won awards is excessive for a religion that supposedly follows Jesus the carpenter.

Plus how sad was that woman talking about their moves of flat. How does that work then? That you get moved into increasingly bigger and better appartments the longer you are there. Is there some kind of unspoken 'promotion' system? Pathetic.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

All that luxury. Meanwhile, those who slaved and built the places you see are now elderly, sick or retired, and burnt out, don't get one red cent financially. We found out that we were not doing this for Jehovah, but, for a multi - billion dollar organization that uses your youth and strength then forgets all about you. They always have their hand out, taking in more and more from the poor and elderly. Asking for their wills , real estate, inheritance.

Where are the nursing homes, the senior citizens homes, the hospitals etc.for the rank and file that has given it's years of service to this organization. They are left to themselves with no support from this multi - billion dollar organization that does not show the Christ - Like personality, the Love and care that the Christ had for all his followers. There is nothing to be proud about these building which are a veneer. Like whitewashed memorial tombs that have corruption inside them.

I'm not on a rant here! These are the facts.

Blueblades

• Kaput
    Kaput

Its hard to believe ALL THAT is off the back of just selling books and magazines.

Don't forget the bequeathals and all that VOLUNTEER labor, too!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Do you know, when we were busy donating money every week for the 'World wide work' I never once stopped to think exactly what was costing so much money. If id have thought for 2 minutes that every JW was doing the same as me, preaching for free in their spare time I would have realised the money must have been going on something else.

• solo
    solo

I love the part where the husband does the proper job and the wife cleans! Great, then she spouts on about the home. My goodness she's making excellent use of her brain cells!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit