JW's shunning baptized wife and family because of unbaptized husband

by MinisterAmos 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I saw a related thread around here but can't locate it so I'm posting this personal observation on what I would call a "high-profile" couple. Rich and bright I met them at the KH

It starts about three years ago when a family moved to our area; a couple and their child. The wife was a DFed Dub who was making inroads to re-instate and hubby was a study of one of the Elders.

After the string of hurricanes here, hubby was seen on more roofs than any "real" Dub. Even though she couldn't talk to anyone the wife was always around with home-cooked food and drinks.

The hubby became an unbaptized Publisher and the wife was re-instated. Both were frequently in-service. The brothers were frequently invited to BBQs at their house, for swimming or just to hang out. By frequently I mean EVERY week-end.

I never saw the couple at any other JW function because they were never invited (I asked the man and he confirmed) despite holding open house every week. The husband and child began missing meetings and eventually it was announced that he was no longer a publisher. The wife is still in good standing

One of the Dubs( a regular at their pool parties) was married last week and EVERYONE (I mean every publisher) in the congo received a personal invitation by mail two weeks beforehand or through a book study announcement.

There was no announcement made at the sister's study (I asked the reader), and she did not receive an invite (I asked the hubby.) Curiously enough he told me the reason he stopped going was that he found the congo to be very conditional in its friendship and is trying to convince the wife to leave. He won't let her take the kid to meetings, but refuses to cut off the pool parties as that would be "petty."

I already asked the congo PO why this happened since it really blew me away. I mean the Dubs suck but this was just too much.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

But nothing about it surprises you does it? Do folks still make use of the pool parties or do they have parties that no one attends?

Shelly

• Clam
    Clam
    Rich and bright I met them at the KH

This is almost an oxymoron.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, we're not "high profile" but the informal shunning goes on anyhow. Everyone in my hubby's book study was invited to a girl's wedding but him. You tell me.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Lots of Dubz go to their house every weekend (no Elders now that you mention it) but they never get invited to other Dub functions except for dinner at my palatial estate.

Just spent the day today skiing with the Dad (they have a Ski Nautique) and kids while the Mom was in service all day.

I get the impression that no matter how pious she tries to be she will never be accepted.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

she wont ever be accepted..i tried for a lifetime WITH a baptized husband.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Why the hell do Witnesses bother sending out wedding invitations ANYWAY when no one is invited but JW's and you'd better include the whole congregation?

Anyone?

• Kudra
    Kudra

you said you asked the PO- what did he say?

• mama1119
    mama1119

There is rich bright people going to the Kingdom Hall??

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    you said you asked the PO- what did he say?

That I was imagining it. When I told him that I had seen the just married brother at the family's house three times in as many week ends, eating their food, swimming in their pool, enjoying their hospitality etc, but shunning them when it came to his wedding he promised to look into it.

I also mentioned I was very surprised that the "friends" would exclude a sister in good standing from all their activities. I asked "she is in good standing isn't she?" and he admitted yes.

Obviously I'm on my way out because what I'm doing by pointing out the hypocrisy is viewed as "causing divisions" but that's my plan anyway. I'm just biding my time to get into the locked file cabinet and "review" and copy some juicy DF'ings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit