Spy vs Spy—The Watchtower Society's 007 Mentality

by The wanderer 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The last circuit assembly I attended there was a demonstration of a teenager coming home and telling his parents that his friends were drinking beer. Dad counselled him to go to the elders. I thought, why not just go to the friend's parents?

Yes, I turned someone in for smoking, and I regret it to this day. The guy's wife divorced him after that.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

THE WATCHTOWER IMPRINTS: If you don't tell ( SPY ) you share in their sins, you are doing the same things because you don't tell. It's like little children who see something wrong and say: OOH! I'M TELLING! We had some in our congregation,they even knew when you took a bathroom break, whether it was number one or number two.

Blueblades

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Were you the one who presented
    yourself as the accuser?

I NEVER accused anyone to the elders. I figured people have enough to deal with in their lives without the gestapo interfering.

I really feel the need to correct these statements. I was only thinking about other R&F in the congs. HOWEVER.....I DID report the various BOE's to the GB when I saw them abusing their authority.

Frannie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tattle-tales..Adults trained to be childish tattle-tales..Pathetic!...OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Discreet Friends,

WEBSTER says that to be discreet means to be careful what one says or does. In Ray Franz's book, IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM, in the chapter "The Misuse of Disfellowshiping", he gives two notable examples of remaining silent in cases of "supposed" wrongdoing. One is that of Joseph, Jesus' foster father. Though Mary was pregnant before entering into marriage with him, Joseph felt no obligation to report her to the religious leaders. He proposed 'to divorce her quietly so as to not expose her to public disgrace.' He was "a righteous man."

In Matthew 12 Jesus discusses David and his men eating the sacred bread from the tabernacle, with the priest's approval. Jesus did not condemn this apparent irreverant act. However, regarding Saul's reaction to this activity: "He [Jesus] DID NOT commend the action of Doeg the Edomite who DID promptly report the matter to the head of the nation, Saul, leading to the death sentence for 85 priests and the slaughter of the people in their city. Instead, Jesus used the accounnt as basis for saying to the religious leaders, "If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent." (pages 372, 373)

I urge you to get this book and find and read this chapter, especially regarding Ed Dunlap. He was put out on the street after nearly fifty years of service at Bethel. Family members who helped him were subsequently disfellowshiped. Read all about it on page 358. And there's more.................

Yours truly,

CoCo

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I thought you'd left?!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Even in Liberal Dubland they still Spy Hard. There is an elder in my housing complex who acts as the eyes and ears for the BOE. He is directly responsible for getting brothers talked to for their sound systems, for parties, for anything that he can notice out his window and report back to others.

The elders are trying to get me to spy on others. I've been asked about scandalous parties numerous times (thank goodness I never went to them). Recently the PO told me to alert him of "any difficulties from the friends" out in FS. I think he is trying to stamp out any individuality amongst the flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit