The JW turn out for service was down today

by headmath 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headmath
    headmath

I went by my local KH at 10:30 saturday Oct 21 and noted about 40 cars in the parking lot. On wednesday (two days earlier) I counted 60 cars in the parking lot at 10:30

I was expecting a greater turn out on saturday but actually it was far less. I assume that apathy has already set in and the zeal among the JW has decreased. It looks like the JW just slip the tract through the mail slot and run. Once they have their 50 tracts dumped they consider themselves to be saved by works and blind faith.

The only positive thing about this is the increased sales at the coffee and donut shops.

• Butters
    Butters

You must live in a major city without urban sprawl. Most Kingdom Halls only have on average about 50-60 dubs per cong nationwide, and only about 2/3 of them half vehicles. Field service probably cuts the number of cars in half from there, due to those who work and those who are disabled, or just plain don't give a hoot anymore.

Let me guess... Upstate New York somewhere? Rochester? Buffalo?

• Cellist
    Cellist

Unless they've changed things since I've been been there last, on Saturdays the congregation splits up and meets at their book study place. During the week there would only be the one place. So there could've been more people out on Saturday, but you'd have to drive around to the different places and count cars.

Cellist

• lawrence
    lawrence

I caught a few young JWs drinking malt liquor in their vehicle slapping each other 5 - "we did our 50, so let's do a 40 of 45. Amen."

• Highlander
    Highlander

My wife went out preaching sunday morning, one week ago. She said there was only one car group and they only did 'return visits' of which none of them were home.

And ofcourse they spent a fair amount of their time at the donut shop.

I just laughed when she told me about her morning.

She's going out again tomorrow morning, I'll keep the board informed as to this 'life saving work' she is allegedly performing.

• Arthur
    Arthur

If this was truly the most important warning in human history; you would think that the WTS would have paid to get a copy of the tract placed inside every copy of major newspapers (NY, London, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) in the way that ads and coupons get stuck into newspapers. You would think that they would invest in mass mailings; sending a copy to every listed residence in their respective country. I mean, c'mon. Billions of lives are at stake; right?

Here's an interesting quesiton. What if a billion people world-wide suddenly responded to the tract and immediately attended the next meeting at their local Kingdom Halls? It would be jammed-packed; standing room only at most Kingdom Halls. Apparently, the WTC did not anticipate anything like this happening. Otherwise; they would have invested more resources into this tract distribution instead of spending so much money on trying to defeat child-abuse victims in court.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Highlander,
    That's the standard "service day". LOL I remember a study's comment after his first taste of "service", "There sure is a lot of driving around!" This was more than 15 years ago, by all accounts it's gotten worse since then.

Cellist

• Arthur
    Arthur
    She's going out again tomorrow morning, I'll keep the board informed as to this 'life saving work' she is allegedly performing.

Well, maybe she'll save a life by helping a choking victim at the donut shop when they choke on a cinnamon roll.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Here's an interesting quesiton. What if a billion people world-wide suddenly responded to the tract and immediately attended the next meeting at their local Kingdom Halls? Arthur

As soon as they heard the first paragraph in the Watchtower Study one billion people would make new Kingdom Hall exits in less than 30 seconds... all for free.

• orbison11
    orbison11

ah yes, same ole same ole

one of my clients today, whose hubby to be is an x-jw (raised) told me how she had some literature in her mail box, no bell ring,, etc

and how she filed it in G,,,the garbage

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit