Hi, I'm new here

by sweetone2377 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• precious_lil_1
    precious_lil_1

Hey there sweetie,
    Looks like you have had a pretty rough road. I am also new here. I lovethe wonderful responses and advise that I have recieved. It helps immensley in the healing process. You sound like an absolute doll. Please feel free to e-mail me if you wanna talk somemore. I'm always available. [email protected]

Luv Ya,
    Precious

• think41self
    think41self

Welcome Sweet1

Also welcome to Eldersdaughter and The Recordcollector

We all have unique stories and experiences, but the common bond of course is having been, or caring about, a JW. Lots and lots of common ground there.

I hope you all find kindred spirits here, and get some of the support and encouragement you need. Keep posting and let us hear from you!

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Thank you so much everyone! Yes I love this place! It's nice to be able to talk openly about experiences in our lives with JW's , both good and bad. So many other ppl or places that you go to won't tolerate the negative, only the positive. And there are lots of both. I mean, I can remember being out in the ministry and having ppl give me fruit, one woman even gave me a kitten (and I loved that cat to pieces). Going out to eat as a group and laughing and talking. But they don't even come close to making up for the negative. I can feel that I'm slowly starting to heal already although I know the road ahead of me is going to be rough and long. Just being able to share a little of my story is a tremendous help. It's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I feel I no longer have to carry this alone. Even going into chat with some of you and seeing that it is possible to make light of what we've been through helps to ease the pain.

airwalk149 ~ I look forward to getting your email. I felt a little strange at first when composing my email to you, as I did not know YOU, but I could sympathize with your experiences so that made it a little easier.

Precious ~ Welcome to the boards, from me, another newbie....:) Thank you for the invite to email you. Don't be surprised if you check your email on day and .... lo and behold...it's me, SweetOne!

think41self ~ I just adore your s/n. It carries so much meaning. Because as an ex-JW, that's something you have to learn. Just another part of the process. And being able to think for oneself is so important and so special. Those who have never been our situation can take that for granted but we know how special it is to be granted that gift, the gift of free will that we were all taught about, yet never given the oppurtunity to exercise.

• TheRecordCollector
    TheRecordCollector

I'm finding some very understanding ppl here. Especially from some of you that have responded to my post under relationships called "JW & NON-JW RELATIONSHIP". I look foward to coming here.

Doug

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

Sweetone- Do you have that website where you took the test on your religious beliefs? I've never heard of it- but would LOVE to take it! THANKS-MElissa

• gypsy
    gypsy

Hello like you yourself i am new also even though you wrote this some time ago, i would really like to stay in touch with you and share my experiences with you because i do was raised up as a JW right from baby stage and was in it for 30 years, i am now out of it, but if you would like to chat i would love to share my thoughts with you, hope to hear from you real soon.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hi sweetone, welcome to the forum.

The experiences you describe sound scenes from a Dickens novel! I am sorry to hear that you were subjected to that kind of abuse.

But you got away; that is good. Try taking some therapy to work through this. It is not something you should try to do alone when there are so many competent professionals out there who can help guide you.

good luck, Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit