Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-22-06 WT Study (TONGUE)

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mavie
    mavie

Blondie, I look forward to your comments every week. I noticed you posted them on another board as well. Glad to see you branching out!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

More from Paul Shaner (deceased):

"Fathers tend to be more task-oriented and if they want the room cleaned, then it will be cleaned. Children learn quickly whether they will have to obey or not, in the same way an employee learns very quickly how much they will have to heed a new supervisor."
    (stereotype?)

"The male role has had much of the soldier in it ever since humans quit the hunter-gatherer life style, became farmers and had stuff that was worth taking, thus needing defending. But women on the frontier had to be able to be tough also. A person has to be pretty protected to be as soft as women of the 1950's - our mothers - were encouraged to be. And since it is men who had to do the protecting, men developed an exceedingly hard shell. Several wars, a Depression and the militarization of our culture had a lot to do with it also."
    (stupid generalization?)

Opinions, of course, we all have them. This however is the SOURCE for the WT's ideas on this subject?

Scarier than anything I will see on Halloween

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Go ahead, WT writers and readers, google Paul Shaner; he was a very minor player and a participant in a reactionary men's group in Seattle.

Sheesh; their standards for sources get worse and worse.

• heathen
    heathen

interesting serendipity , for the longest time I've seen the reasons I posted as the most prominent in devorce .Sorry to hear your troubles . The point the WTBTS is trying to make is that men are to be respected for their headship no matter what sort of retard he may be , a woman should never complain , it's by their subjection that they show respect. I believe that woman does have their place but don't believe that they deserve obscene language under any cercumstance. It's be hard to devorce a man over that and still win a good settlement , I think . Unless there's evidence to prove otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit