How Would You Refute JW's Claim Of Being The ONLY True Religion?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Minimus,

We have a common acquaitance, At the conference this weekend, not that I really know you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I know a guy who claims to have been abducted by a UFO. I know a woman who believes Jesus personally comes into her garage and talks to her. My mother thinks God owns a pulp paper book printing business in the United States.

A rational person usually doesn't see any need to refute a schizophrenic's delusion or the religious fanatic's preposterous claim. It's a waste of time and it tends to piss off the schizophrenic.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Just ask any JW to PROVE what they say. According to the WTB&TS own tests used on other religions, JWS ...FLUNK! Use the Bible as a guide..........

• Frank75
    Frank75
    "Would you drink a glass of water if it only had a single drop of poison in it, but most of it was fresh water?..........blah blah blah"

I think that says it all, don't you?

Frank75

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Frank75,

in answer to your poison water question, depending on the circumstances, I just might! ...............LOL

• gumby
    gumby

There are literally billions of people on this planet at this very moment who no nothing of Jehovahs Witnesses. If they are the true religion and the only ones going to survive an impending destruction.......then god is a loser for destroying the majority of mankind when the majority of mankind knows nothing of their message and yet he still holds mankind accountable.

Imagine god destroying millions of muslims and budhists when these ones never got a chance to hear what this "true religion" had to say.It would make god unjust.

Gumby

• Frank75
    Frank75

Mr Kim:

I am sorry that I do not know much about your past and I can see that you put LOL after your post, but for clarity to those lurking the above quote is not of my originality. Most JW's I would think will recognize the reasoning as JW.

*** rsp.323Religion***

Is

ittruethatthereisgoodinallreligions?

Most religions do teach that a person should not lie or steal, and so forth. But is that sufficient? Would you be happy to drink a glass of poisoned water because someone assured you that most of what you were getting was water?

This above quote from the JW reasoning book was often stated to people in service as a way to shake them loose from their so-called "false" religion and at the same time imply that ours was perfectly pure water.

I do not personally believe that the analogy works and agree with you, as most water we drink the world over does in fact contain, toxins, heavy metals and poisons! Also, even an honest JW would admit that the Watchtower religion is far from pure!

Frank75

• Will Power
    Will Power

WT versions of James 1:27 quoted above...........and keep ones spots HIDDEN from the world.......... in other words nice clean LOOKING cup on the outside............ wp

• Quandry
    Quandry

Vaccinations are like taking pus into your body/Oh, did we say that? They are O.K. now.

Organ transplants are cannibalism/ Oh, did we say that? They are O.K. now.

The people of Sodom will be resurrected./The people of Sodom will have NO resurrection/The people of Sodom will be resurrected.

1975 is a marked year. Stay alive until '75. We may confidently expect that the end will come within months, not years. Face it-if you are a young person you will never get old in this system/ We never said that.

We are in a separating workNOW. Oh, did we say that? Whether they are sheep or goats, the people are choosing by their reaction to the Kingdom message/ The separation work occurs at a later time, when Jesus returns.

The generation that was alive and at an age of understanding will by no means pass off the earthly scene until Armaggedon comes/ Generation has different meanings. Oh, did we say that? Jesus wasn't using this scripture to point to a particular group of people. It just meant the contemporaries at the time these things would occur.

The Watchtower did not commit spiritual fornication by associating with the UN. They only wanted access to the Library/ We do not join the YMCA for any reason because that would join us to an organization that is condemned by God. The WATCHTOWER SOCIETY DID NOT JOIN ITSELF TO THE UN, AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!! IF YOU BELIEVE IT, YOU ARE NOT IN THE TRUE RELIGION.

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT WE TELL YOU, WHEN WE TELL YOU, AND THEN NOT BELIEVE IT, WHEN WE TELL YOU NOT TO BELIEVE IT, YOU ARE NOT IN THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION.

Perhaps if people can see these things all at one time, they can begin to get the blinders off. Because the changes came at different times, and because the WTS prints so much literature the changes are sometimes buried in the fine print, they are difficult to see. However, who is going to tie the poor dub to the chair to make him see all these doctrinal flip flops and failed prophesies that the "apostate" wants to show him?

Good luck with that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When have Jehovah`s Witness`s ever been truthfull?..Never!..They deny any wrong doing,Paedphile scandell/UN scandel/Rand Cam scandel.Can`t remember anything they preached years ago..Are encouraged to engage in Theocratic Warfare Stratagey,most people call that lying..Wheres the Truth?..I don`t see it anywhere in the Jehovah`s Witness religion...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit