If you could "intelligently design" yourself, what would you change?

by AlmostAtheist 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I've been very blessed with an extremely favorable genetic combination, so it seems a bit greedy to ask for more. But if I were going to make "improvements", the abilities that each of the characters on "Heroes" have would be a good place to start. For those who haven't seen the show, these abilities include immediate healing of injuries, ability to teleport and to stop time, ability to fly, ability to see the future, and an alter ego who is very skilled at defensive/offensive combat. Anyone else enjoy watching "Heroes"?

• AnonyMouse
    AnonyMouse

A more effective immune system. Like that of a horseshoe crab. Any foreign substance is imediatlely attacked and killed.

Faster healing times. Not like seconds, but days instead of weeks.

Brains that don't break. I'm astounded at how weak the brain can be sometimes. And yet, I'm astounded at how some people can maintain thier sanity at other times. Maybe something like an unbiased self-analyzing center in the brain. It constantly checks for abnormalities in mental functions, and corrects it.

Higher capacity lungs.

Stronger bones.

The ability to implement scientific finds instead of sitting there with them and not getting anything acomplished. It goes hand in hand with people realising that money is worthless in it's current form. Gold is just a mineral, and is poor representation of actual work done to be paid with money.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My body gets me through the day, but I would like feet that worked properly, balance that worked properly, lungs that were not prone to infection/athsma/etc, a cervix that didn't need to be bypassed with surgery/huge scars to birth children. Hair that only had good days, maintenance free teeth(I even hate the 1-800 dentist commercials!)skin that didn't need to prove it stretched. . .eyes that didn't need correction, fingernails that didn't break. . .OTOH, it does get me where I need to go. . .so I hate to complain-many have things much worse than this woman in the states with decent health insurance and more human rights than most people dare to dream of! I would also like breasts that didn't need to prove the theory of gravity so readily, but that just seems kind of greedy. (Eyes on the back of my head would be good. My 6 year old still believes I have an extra sense, and soon he will figure out I am not godlike in my powers!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit