Oh Brother....

by mama1119 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• mama1119
    mama1119

This morning my doorbell rang, and I usually never answer my door unless I know someone is coming, because this is thick JW territory, but I did, and low and behold, its a lone JW. He was working on the construction site across the street and was trying to locate the owners of a cat he kept seeing. He didn't recognize me at first, he was looking at my Halloween decorations, and then back at me like he knew something was off...so finally, he asked my name. I told him and he said "Oh yes, you go to the meetings"...and I replied "I used too". And he got all serious and asked if I had seen the new tract. I tried really hard not to smirk and said "yes, I have seen it. " He said, " Well, the end is near, it says right there in the tract that the end is near" I said "Im sure it does" . He said I needed to get back to the meetings, and I said I don;t think so!!! He said "you know what is right" and I replied " Well I do now, and that isn't it" He repeated "you know what is right "3 times, and I kept replying the same...I was all geared up to get into stuff but I was running late for my DR. appt, so I let it go.

Who does this guy, who doesn't even know me, hasn't seen me in years, think he is telling me "you know whats right" Jerk I say.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You ARE right. Pretty nervy of him to be condescending to you. Too bad you didn't have time to get into it with him.

• grey matters
    grey matters

Yeah, I have a problem with that line too. But they all seem to use it, all the time. They assume we spend all of our time out here feeling terribly guilty, because we "know" we are not we "should" be doing. [sigh]

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Heard about this a couple hours ago...bet the cong will be buzzing tonight. I know some ears that will get an earful!!! Take care, and nice reading your posts.

Little Bo Peep

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings mamma1119

:"you know whats right"

That's a typical wink & a nod nonsubstantive, can't think of anything better to say watchtower drone answer. If only they'd stay away.

Dismembered

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"You know what's right" = "You've got enough background in this cult. Come back for some more Kool-Aid! Please! We need to get the numbers up for our CO!"

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

C'mon, a dude brother that carries around a pair of Plyers on his belt,.... is really all there to begin with? Don't think so, and neither are his relatives. You know who I mean.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Oh gosh... this brought back great memories of my Dad saying to me "You're a smart girl, you' know what's right and will figure it out".

Yeah... I figured out a lot more than he would have ever dreamed....

• Honesty
    Honesty

I finally "know what is right" and it ain't the JW's.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are so convinced they are right and so easily believe what the fDS tells them despite numerous disappointments from his predictions. But they are the only ones preaching the gospel today, that marks them out as special and also means the end is very near. Try arguing with that, that there are false prophets and teachers in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit