Please share any Aussie child custody experience re religious instruction

by serenitynow 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam87
    Sam87

bttt

• carla
    carla

Can't help you with the legal stuff though there are sites that can. Try Witness Inc for the video for your lawyer about how jw's are taught to lie in court and even get the kids to lie as well. Or just google jw's & custody, other sites have info too. As for the kids, you didn't say how old they are. My kids (I'm not a jw, never been. husband joined up a few years back) my kids are well aware of the pedophile issues, the scandals, false prophecies and dates, pyramidology, suicides, deaths due to blood policy & quack medical advice, etc.... And they know the stories from this board and others, the human wreckage stories. They even ask how certain posters are doing or what happened to them. The difficulties with adult ex jw's trying to heal and deal with life on the 'outside'. The list goes on and on. If you would warn your kids away from say a 'red light district' or drugs or any other harmful thing why are people hesitant to warn them from a very dangerous cult? I never understand that. I don't care if it's Mom, Dad or Grandma & Grandpa, wrong is wrong. It is not wrong to tell the truth about an org, even if a loved one is in it. Sadly they believe because they have lived it, the profound personality changes in their dad.

You may not have much legal rights (or you may, I have no idea) but you sure can let them know about this org and let them know they will not be in trouble on your end at all for trying to protect themselves against spiritual, emotional or physical harm from ANY jw. Don't forget to teach them what emotional blackmail is. A little history goes a long way too. If the jw come at them with God's name is Jehovah for instance, the kids knowing that it wasn't even a word until about 1270 by a Catholic monk can deter at least one usual jw conversation. You don't have to preach at them but as you research and get annoyed the kids will ask' what's up mom?' Then you can tell them about how some assinine rule/prophecy or whatever is so unbiblical! But they needn't believe you of course, they can read the Bible for themselves. Often one sentence is enough, 'geez, even Paul says that......' 'can you believe they say this?! Jesus never said or implied this, he said......

All the best to you! Post often, your not alone.

• serenitynow
    serenitynow

Yes Carla, I see your point. The gloves are off!!

The JW Facts website is a wealth of info - thanks!

Sam 87, what does bttt mean? I have seen it used a lot but I am new at this forum bizzo and the abbreviations stump me!

Also can someone explain how to copy and paste parts of someone's so that you can comment under it please?

I am such a technovirgin ... arrrrgh.

• carla
    carla

I don't know where someone saved my list of abbreviations so here's a start-

bttt- back to the top (keeps a thread going)

jw's- jehovah's witnesses

wt-watchtower (their publications usually)

Awake or jokingly the Asleep- another wt publication (they have so many you cannot keep track of all the little books) Awake is a monthly

org- meaning the organization in general

WTBTS- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (official name)

KM- yet another jw publication

publisher- a baptized jw who goes door to door

gb- governing body of the jw's

fs- field service (when they go knocking on doors, usually Saturday's) also known as d to d

NWT- their perverted form of the Bible

lol- laugh out loud

rofl- rolling on the floor laughing

wtf?!- what the f****! (not sure that is allowed here)

COC or C of C book- highly recommended book by a former gb member Ray Franz

cong- congregation

the hell- meaning the kingdom hall (what we would call a church, their meeting place)

the big A- armageddon

birdseed- an old term not used today much, meaning we (all non jws) will be 'birdseed' at the big A when the birds come and eat out our eyeballs and such

Christendom- all non jw churches ( you know all the 'false' religions)

persecution- why do I add in that? Because it has a different meaning to them- if you disagree with them you are persecuting them

fds- faithful and discreet slave ( they think its them and only them, oops I mean the gb)

boys in Brooklyn- again the gb who reside for the moment in Brooklyn, NY

Sorry gotta run, meeting time is almost over and my jw will be home soon! It does not make for a pleasant evening for him to find me here typing away! haha

• serenitynow
    serenitynow

Thanks Carla, you're a gem. The abbreviations will help a few others I'm sure. Hope all's quiet on the domestic front.

I was "rofl" a minute ago as a JW did the pretend knock on my door and slipped their latest propaganda under my door - even though my address is on their "no call" list! Pffft.

I think I'll use this material to start explaining to the kids that JWs think that everyone else is going to burn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit