by Chameleon 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

It's called 'Reproved'

And I believe the dud's away are still under the NGO

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Addressing just the privileges thing:

If a person just stops going out in service for 6 months, he is INACTIVE, regardless of meeting attendance.

The person who loses the privilege to comment- He must have met with a judicial committee for some
    thing they consider a "sin." He must have been repentent and now is on restrictions.

Restrictions can never be held indefinitely, but he would have to ask for commenting privilege back. All
    JW's can still talk to him, most would not even know he is on restrictions- or forgot about it.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    :What's it called when if you have privileges they're taken away, and you can't comment at meetings? I think that's what they did to him (although he never had privileges; i'm just describing the condition he's in with the cong. right now).

Private Reproof. In time they'll determine if he's moral enough to have his "privileges" restored.

Dismembered

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh yeah, as stated above- He's reproved.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome to the forum Chameleon, your threads and posts to date show that you are asking all the right questions; I admire your bravery in being on the inside whilst feeling like this. Keep up the good work and well done for choosing a very pertinent avatar.

DB74

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Since they won't say one way or the other, you will have to read all about their UN fiasco. Many opinions have been posted here, also.

It is mine that they joined the UN so that they could look more mainstream to nations as they preached more and more to remote areas of the world. They hoped to have UN support if a vote came up in some countries as to them staying or getting out. Without knowing they were an NGO UN member, I did notice many articles in Awake! which never condemned the UN, but mentioned the UN efforts worldwide with health issues, children issues, relief efforts.

It is the opinion of the UN and people here that they did not need to be a member to access any information. Because they have always maintained that it is important to stay out of the world and it's politics, once caught red-handed, they acted like any child under 8 years old.
    "I didn't do anything wrong. I was only there because..."

Most JW's (in the U.S. anyway) have no idea about this fiasco.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Greetings and welcome

This is a good place to learn.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Obviously fading is the best way to go. Moving out would probably be the best bet there. I left at the same time as you, I was almost 20 at the time. I was going to Community College and I was really just sick of everything that was happening in my congreagation and honestly I was just sick of being a witness, I never really believed that they were "God's Channel" or anything. So I got in a debate with my mother about it. I told her that I was racked with guilt and so forth, that I was having severe emotional problems because I had doubts about the orginization and it was just too much between school, work, meetings, service and so forth. I basically made it seem that I couldn't take being a witness anymore and if I was a witness anymore I'd probably end up killing myself. (Which wasn't true at all, I was just really annoyed). I was somewhat depressed but I amplified it, until my mother said that she'd rather see me not go to meetings for a while (she was confident I'd return) with the hope of returning, than killing myself and not only not returning but not be resurrected either.

So if you want you can try that attempt, but you have to be at least a little depressed in order to pull it off because you just amplify the feelings. Though the more I read about depression the more I believe I really was depressed. But hey it's worth a shot, if you're willing.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

tuesday, were you baptized or a publisher or none of those?

• parakeet
    parakeet

Hi again, chameleon. Here's a recent thread in which the whole WTS/UN-NGO issue was thrashed out. It's long and sometimes a little heated, but virtually every opinion on the subject was expressed and discussed.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/117658/1.ashx

(Sorry, you have to cut and paste -- I don't know how to create a link with Firefox)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit