JW's and Girlscout cookies

by oppgirl63 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to support any organization that promotes patriotism or a different belief system. Doing so makes them "part of the world". They are discouraged from supporting any charities because, as every good JW knows, "God's Kingdom is the only solution to mankind's problems".

In other words, the Watchtower Society is the only organization a JW should be donating money to or supporting in any way.

W

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Nathan,

You forgot one...

You can't recognize/observe GroundHog Day (a custom here in the states).

There's a fella here at work who is a JW whut don't even know what day it is (February 2nd).

It's just that ridiculous, ain't it?

Regards,

Jim TX

• becca1
    becca1

My Mom would rather die than to buy GS cookies!

• becca1
    becca1

My Mom would rather die than to buy GS cookies!

• restrangled
    restrangled

OH PLEASE! Do the rules never cease? I have never heard of that one.

We buy enough girl scout cookies in this house to put on 10 pounds between us....Thin mints, peanut butter, coconut, lemon etc.

HEY, ARE THEY SELLING YET?

R.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Jim_TX: "You can't recognize/observe GroundHog Day (a custom here in the states)."

What!!! Punxatawny Phil is an evil groundhog??? Next year, I'll be munching Girl Scout cookies as I watch Phil on TV making his annual weather prediction.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jim_TX:

I shall invoke my Adamantium Shield of Denial and utter the incantation,

"Celebrate Any "worldly" Holiday (that's ALL of them)"

By which my "A" is "C"-ed (as in C-Y-A)

Lotsa good eating on them groundhogs, too! Headshots ONLY! Don't ruin the meat!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If you aren't supposed to JOIN the scouts, why would you ever support them? I always thought that GS cookies were like being gay in the military-Don't ask, don't tell! It would be like donating to a church or the military or something like that to buy the cookies, right?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Exactly what I was about to say, JWdaughter... we were certainly not allowed to join them. I always got a bit twisted and jealous when all the gals got to leave class to go to their cool secret "Scout" things. Mom would never have DREAMED of buying scout cookies. Man, the first one I bought and tasted... good gods, yes they are damn fine cookies!!! hahahaaha!!!

NATHAN! That is a BRILLIANT list! Is that your own compilation? THANK YOU for that!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

NATHAN! That is a BRILLIANT list! Is that your own compilation? THANK YOU for that!!!

No, I can't take full credit for it. If memory serves, a poster named "WTDUNGBEETLE" may have been the source of the original list, and others may have contributed additional line items to the list, which I edited and rendered in my own inimitable style.

Anything I post on JWD or any other exJW discussion board can be considered PUBLIC DOMAIN as far as my content in those postings is concerned. In other words, feel free to save the list for use in any way you see fit.

Advertise, Advertise, ADVERTISE! That the WATCHTOWER is a chamber pot full to the brim!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit