Circuit Overseer Visit

by Zico 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

There were 140 there for the book study and following CO talk tonight! I was quite impressed, there've been people there this week who I haven't seen in months. That CO must be pretty special. Though I don't really see it, he just tells us to do more since we are 'so, so close' Nothing I haven't heard before...?

Still, I guess we're 2 days closer to when he said it on Tuesday!

• Zico
    Zico

154 for the Public Talk today!

He is actually a good speaker, and he uses good illustrations, but when you break down his talks they basically amount to the same things we hear all the time. 'The end is near, so we really need to do more.'

He really bashed higher education for a bit in his public talk as well. 'The only higher education we need, is a bible education.' - What does that even mean? And his final talk, after the shortened Watchtower, was about how parents can encourage their children as they get older.

I know that both of his sons are 'serving full time' one in Bethel, and one a missionary somewhere in Africa, so he's clearly a firm believer in pushing the kids to give their all to the Watchtower God. Sad.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I wonder if there are any CO's whose kids are complete Witness Washouts?

Or do they sack em if their kids havent towed the line?

• Zico
    Zico

Meh... I seen a JW pioneer in town during my lunch break a few hours ago, he told me that the CO had gathered all the pioneers together for a meeting, and has organised a special campaign for them all to 'encourage' the non-pioneers to pioneer. He then proceeded to pee me off, why are they so nosey? I quit pioneering in September. He said to me 'Why did you quit pioneering? Have you thought about starting up again?' So I started off nice and said 'I just want to build a career right now in case I get a family to provide for in the future, I'll pioneer again one day, but not right now, ' (A lie, I'm never going back) And then he went on about some nonsense about with Armageddon being so close etc etc... that I shouldn't worry about that too much, and this went on for a bit, so I said I had other reasons as well, and then he pushed more as to why I wasn't pioneering anymore, until I got so angry that I told him to mind his own business, and said goodbye. This same idiot has told other Witnesses to mark me for having too much worldly association. I don't like him much. And I've decided I don't like the CO much either.

• Frank75
    Frank75

I wonder if there are any CO's whose kids are complete Witness Washouts?

Or do they sack em if their kids havent towed the line?

That reminds me of one our nuttiest CO's ever. This guy, Dave Gannon, was a real moron. Told everyone that when he got baptised years ago, he said to himself out in the parking lot afterwards, "I guess I need to quit smoking".

He would boast to congregations that he visited how he was so very proud of his son when he came into his room one night and he was "studying the prophecy of Daniel" by flashlight under the covers. His son who I was friends with at one time told me he was studying the latest Penthouse magazine in reality. LOL

This CO used to mock the Internet to distraction, or anything that would mock his audience for that matter. He also made a big deal out of these people who left their wives/husbands for people they met online. The simplistic and mocking approach to the problem as he saw it was embarrassing to say the least.

Anyway, his daughter Leah married this guy and they both went to Bolivia to be "Missionaries". There was lots of fanfare & parading on the platform at circuit assemblies and the district convention that year before they left.

Within the first year she ran off with someone she met on the Internet and her husband came back to Canada with his tail between his legs. Needless to say this buffoon Dave Gannon has stopped talking about Internet affairs. LOL

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit