Blood Transfusion Question - Dogs

by Duncan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ringo5
    ringo5

Vampire bats ate quiche before the flood.

LOL! Quote of the day!

Thanks

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

This thread should be a 'must read' for every newbie and the occasional JW apologist !

And the WT is always SO concerned about their followers "giving a good witness" to the world...and never, ever embarass Mother Watchtower ! They just do it so well all by themselves.

Btw, ever wonder why a cats tongue is so rough ? It's to 'lap' up all that nutritious blood from it's prey and to keep clean, too.

Rabbit

• Duncan
    Duncan

Again, many thanks to all the contributors to this thread.

Not wishing to flog an already dead horse even further, but - just thinking a bit more on this. Give the Watchtower the benefit of the doubt here. Just for arguments sake, say that it IS God's righteous standard that all his true worshippers should prevent their animals from disrespecting blood.

Domestic animals are not a modern-day development; humans have had them aound for thousands of years.

Is there even a shred of evidence in the bible, either in the old testament in ancient Israel, or among first century Christians, that "faithful servants of Jah" were concerned about - or took any active measures to prevent - their animals consuming blood or unbled meat?

Any bible scholars out there? That Thirdwitness bloke knows a load about this kind of stuff, doesn't he?

Duncan.

• Clam
    Clam

Yes good discussion Duncan, although it inevitably broke down into sheer piss taking of the Watchtower. Yesterday it got me wondering (bizarrely) about whether Jews worried about their dogs eating Kosher food. In my pursuit of pointless knowledge I came across this site which had some interesting stuff about "jewish dogs" http://www.pupsforpeace.org/pfp-torah.php

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hi Clam

Very interesting find, that site. Some very relevant stuff to this discussion. To quote:

"People of holiness shall you be to Me; you shall not eat flesh of an animal that was torn in the field; to the dog shall you throw it" (Exodus, 22:30-31).

Meat torn from a live animal, rather than slaughtered according to Jewish law, is non-kosher and unfit for Jewish consumption. But Jews are commanded to give this meat to their dogs.

Which is the exact opposite of what the Watchtower is commanding in its QFR article.

So truly, if Brooklyn were consistently trying to apply the Holy Scriptures (rather than just making stuff up out of their heads), then the position would be exactly as I suggested in my opening post to this thread.

i.e. - there's no biblical objection to a dog eating blood, therefore in a road traffic accident where both a child and a dog are injured, the "correct" Jehovah-approved course of action would be to let the child die, but you could save the dog.

Which brings us full circle back to the beginning.

Duncan.

• M.J.
    M.J.

This is great stuff!

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

What a hilarious thread! Unfortunately it also shows the wacky reasoning the WTS has, which could result in a senario of someone dying. To me thats no different to their new tract saying we dont go to war (no we just kill them from within!)

CS 101

P.S. I saw it on the bbc news also - was just having a break from another wacky person - Fiona Philips GMTV

• minimus
    minimus

Great thread!!!!! I like what some have said here about why it's necessary to talk to your pets regarding their view on the sanctity of life. One must take the time to reason with the pet to help it see the need to not be bloodguilty before Jehovah God. How sad it would be if an erring animal did not repent from its wicked way, turn around from its sin and prayerfully ask Jehovah for divine assistance. As pet owners, we too would be held bloodguilty by way of community responsibility, if we did not keep our pets clean in Jehovah's eyes. How thankful we can be that the Great Judge Jehovah is the One who reads hearts! We need not be overly concerned as to whether our pet is always acting in accord with Jehovah's righteous principles. Our pets, if they are properly trained, will exercise their God given consciences to the delight of our Great God! We need not worry over what others will or will not do, before Jehovah God. We need to continue in our all important preaching work before this system sees its end.

• M.J.
    M.J.

"People of holiness shall you be to Me; you shall not eat flesh of an animal that was torn in the field; to the dog shall you throw it" (Exodus, 22:30-31).

Meat torn from a live animal, rather than slaughtered according to Jewish law, is non-kosher and unfit for Jewish consumption. But Jews are commanded to give this meat to their dogs.

Wouldn't this also violate the WTS interpretation of having to pour blood on the ground? Jews here are instructed to throw unbled meat to their dogs, and not pour the blood from such meat on the ground.

• TD
    TD

What I want to know is how the JW's would explain this:

27 Does the eagle soar at your command
    and build its nest on high?

28 It dwells on a cliff and stays there at night;
    a rocky crag is its stronghold.

29 From there it looks for food;
    its eyes detect it from afar.

30 Its young ones feast on blood, and where the slain are, there it is."

(Job 39 NIV)

If God has a problem with animals eating blood, then why would he take credit before Job for the fact that they do actually eat blood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit