Fuzzy Right-of-Way Rules Leads to Pathetic, Awkward, Theocratic Dork Fight

by Check_Your_Premises 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good writing!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am going to start compiling your short stories into a personal little "Chicken Soup for the Dubbed Soul" for myself . Thanks for the great laughs keep them coming.

• bebu
    bebu
    Nobody was sure who tried to throw the first sissy slap, but "Back packs and cheap faux leather bags were just flying everywhere.", explained lJerry Jasper, a local eyewitness of the harrowing scene.

My favorite line. I look forward to further news reports.

bebu

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What? No cry of Peace and Security?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I think I was briefly engaged to Harold AfraidImgay!

You have found your calling, CYP.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

This one came across the news wires pretty late last night so I will give it a bump for the morning readers.

CYP

• luna2
    luna2

Nice report, CYP.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"Jerome Triesnottowackoff"

Okay, everyone...the Kingdom song is starting....

"Oh he may never live up to his name."

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Bebu,

I was proud of that line, but my favorite was "and that Brigham Young wasn't his name but how he instructed his followers to bring him prospective wives".

People at work were wondering why I was giggling for a few minutes after typing that one.

CYP

• bebu
    bebu
    Brigham Young wasn't his name but how he instructed his followers to bring him prospective wives

I glossed over this one when I first read it. And unfortunately, this was true!!

Ironically, yesterday I got my first visit by Mormons this year only a short while after reading this thread. (Nice young men.) But while I was explaining why I couldn't get to the point of praying to know if this was from God (you know, the old red flag/bad fruit deal), I began to think about your dork fight story.

Thankfully, I managed to thrust the story/image out of my mind and not get hopelessly distracted...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit