Are we all gonna die?

by kittyeatzjdubs 33 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

lol...thanks butters.

So we're pretty much safe? cool....

No, if you vote Republican. Yes if you vote Democrat. If you vote Democrat you vote on Wednesday; If republican, Tuesday.

And please....don't turn this into another one of the Republican/Democrat, left wingers are demented, right wingers are nazis threads. I am so sick of that shit, and I think there are enough of those threads on this board already. Please don't turn mine into one. Thank you. I was discussing this w/ Matt last night and he stated the same thing as Butters did. When he was growing up, he was afraid that Russia was going to nuke everyone. I try to have the same frame of mind as you Sunspot...it's just not that easy sometimes...I've only been out of the borg for about 3 years, and I still get nervous over Armageddon/End of time stuff. ~luv, jojo

• blondie
    blondie

I grew up in the 50's and 60' during the Cold War in a military family. Don't worry about it. You are more likely to be hit by a drunk driver or mugged on the way home from the mall.

Blondie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My point IS, that I can't be bothered to get overly concerned about ANYTHING that I have no control over! I try and take care of myself with what little resources I have left in the "good health" column, and I don't throw caution to the wind to let things fall where they may.

My philosophy on this, which came to me after prayer many years ago, "Don't waste your time and energy worrying over things you can't control. You could spend your whole life worrying and the worrisome possibility never happen. Then you spent all those years worrying for nothing. All that pain and anguish for nothing. You could spend years worrying and the worrisome event does happen. Then you spent all that time miserable and worrying and you prevented nothing."

So why worry? It's not going to change anything and worry will make your life miserable. The quality of life you have is the most important matter. Tend to it. That's something you do have control over.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You are more likely to be hit by a drunk driver or mugged on the way home from the mall.

We were leaving St. Mark's today when we saw a lady get hit by a car that was turning left. Oh yeah, and I've never seen anyone get nuked in all my 48 years.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    "Don't waste your time and energy worrying over things you can't control. You could spend your whole life worrying and the worrisome possibility never happen. Then you spent all those years worrying for nothing. All that pain and anguish for nothing. You could spend years worrying and the worrisome event does happen. Then you spent all that time miserable and worrying and you prevented nothing."

That's beautiful FHN. Thank you.

~luv, jojo

• Butters
    Butters

Don't forget the ever now popular falling piano like we are taught in the cartoons.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I grew up in the 50's and 60' during the Cold War in a military family. Don't worry about it. You are more likely to be hit by a drunk driver or mugged on the way home from the mall.

I grew up during the same period.....I was more scared back then than I am now. Relax....China will keep an eye on pajama boy....they don't want to lose their WalMart account.

• proplog2
    proplog2

The one time I got afraid was when the Russians placed missiles in Cuba. I was 16. And it turned out I had reason to be afraid. We came close to a nuclear war.

By the way Democrats (the old War Party) were in charge and they confronted Castro and Krushchev.

You have more reason to be afraid of Avian Flu - and people have quit talking about that already.

• juni
    juni

Blondie

I feel so much better after reading that Blondie! And here I was going to take a walk tonight.

Juni

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Yeah, N. Korea does not, yet, have the ability to send one all the way to the states.

Never heard of a ship??...Why do so many people think that it takes a missile to deliver nuclear weapons. Try to think more like roadside bombs and suicide bombers. The North Koreans are buggy and unstable. It is only a matter of time before they pull the trigger or allow other unstable elements to do it for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit