true friendship, true brotherhood??

by Ade 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ade
    Ade

Daystar,
    I understand your stance completely and so do many others whom take it.We are all given gifts by God I have been granted a gift of forgiveness, i do not hold a grudge and cannot even attempt to do so.Forgiveness and forgeting are however two different things, when i teach my children ( and im not insinuating anything about anyone reading this being a child etc ). I use a simple illustration.

Whilst walking along the street a certain man pushes you into the road, You forgive and forget presuming it to be an accident. The next time you see the same man on the same road, he performs the same act , pushing you into the road.

This goes on for some time, each time your life being risked by being pushed into the road.Each time you forgive the man.
    Does this mean you continue to allow him to push you, no you simply cross and walk down the opposite side of the road.Have you forgiven the man - Yes. Have you forgotten - No ,because you need to recall the past for it holds valuable lessons for us all, in all aspects of life.

Whilst to those of you who dont believe in God this means little , to myself it means much.If i can bring my other qualities to the level of my forgiveness then i may become a half decent Christian.

God bless you all
    Ade

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's how also remember them they have no real fraternal love or compassion, to them not harming each other is what amounts to love and a spiritual paradise. Of course love involves a lot more than that, it means actively helping people in need.

• daystar
    daystar

ade

This goes on for some time, each time your life being risked by being pushed into the road.Each time you forgive the man.
    Does this mean you continue to allow him to push you, no you simply cross and walk down the opposite side of the road.Have you forgiven the man - Yes. Have you forgotten - No ,because you need to recall the past for it holds valuable lessons for us all, in all aspects of life.

I mean no disrespect, but this is one way the humanist religions enslave their constituents. I don't mean someone should harbor resentment. It's not healthy. But one should do something about it. In your example, I would have given the man the benefit of the doubt once. The next time he pushes, he gets slammed to the ground.

To me, and again, I mean no disrespect, it seems weak and to have a victim mentality. You become rather easy to push around. In other words, a sheep. Maybe that is what you want. Maybe you assume the shepherd to have good intentions. I do not. I've seen too many "shepherds" have nothing but evil intentions, even if well-intended.

• Ade
    Ade

Hi Daystar;
    To me, and again, I mean no disrespect, it seems weak and to have a victim mentality. You become rather easy to push around. In other words, a sheep. Maybe that is what you want. Maybe you assume the shepherd to have good intentions. I do not. I've seen too many "shepherds" have nothing but evil intentions, even if well-intended.

I will just point out i am shepherded by one, that is Christ and no man, neither will i accept even a mans teaching unless it falls inline with scripture. Also there is a scenario whereby the man crosses the road intent on evil, this would shine a entirely new light on the situation, avoidance where possible but wrath also has its place as you state.

Ade

• Honesty
    Honesty
    When these believers in God, and their spiritual brothers and sisters need to turn to apostates to show love and compassion its a true sign of what they are really involved in - a lie.

The Watchtower Society has twisted Scripture to the point that there can be no love among JW's.

Then we will no longer be little children, tossed by the waves and blown around by every wind of teaching, by human cunning with cleverness in the techniques of deceit. But speaking the truth in love, let us grow in every way into Him who is the head — Christ. From Him the whole body, fitted and knit together by every supporting ligament, promotes the growth of the body for building up itself in love by the proper working of each individual part. Eph 4:14-16

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Ade, Why would you forgive someone who hasn't asked for it? There is no need to forgive someone who isn't repentant, why would you, they don't give a damn about you or they would have realized what they had done in the first place and called went over or whatever and apoligized for it. Then you forgive them. At least thats how I look at it.

• Ade
    Ade

Hi Buffalosrfree,
    i suppose thats a valid point my friend, i do however leave all such things to God. Dont get me wrong, its great if someone does apologize, but if they dont im cooooolll about it >:)

all the best
    Ade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit