Internet Service Provided By The Society

by BlackPearl 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

There's been speculation about how the Society could make WT CD's with "site monitoring" software on them, how about internet service provided by the Society? This way you'd feel like you have the freedom to surf the net but all the "bad" stuff would be blocked out. They'd have total control over what the surfer sees. They could charge $16.95 per month for six million witnesses. Hmmm.....let's see.... 6,000,000 X $16.95 = $101,700,000.00 in new revenues per month. Whew! That would fix a few cash flow problems. Don't know if they've thought of this yet, hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If they don't have a stable backbone, or the service is slow, then the sheeple should just be patient and wait on Jehovah.

• mama1119
    mama1119

The sad thing is, dubs would go for it, thinking its a great idea, oblivious to the fact its all about control.

• Clam
    Clam

You're giving them a good idea there BlackPearl. As part of an insidious marketing launch they could run Awake articles on the evils of choosing non Dub ISPs.

I note that JDubs.biz is available for them. I could be [email protected] which would be ironic since my first email address was [email protected]

I think they could also go on to brand their own PCs which Dubs would be required to buy. A Watch Tower (geddit?)

Phew you've got a good idea there bro.

• Marsupial Kong
    Marsupial Kong

Now when the WTS grabs your idea and runs with it you can sue them for stealing your idea.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I can imagine the automated technical support line:

Press 1 to wait on Jehovah

Press 2 and it will be sorted out in its appointed time.

Press 3 to arrange an elders visit

and Press 4 if you are considering apostacy

DB74

• Butters
    Butters

I don't think that most dubs would really go for that, considering most hypocrites, like myself who always had my own personal inhibitions, and led a double life, wouldnt' buy it. Only the soc would try such foolishness though.

• daystar
    daystar

LOL! I can imagine the dubs that will press 4 just to get through to a live person!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    LOL! I can imagine the dubs that will press 4 just to get through to a live person!

Definately lol DB74

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Press 3 to arrange an elders visit

That's one button that wouldn't get pushed too often lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit