Beards and bald heads

by parlay 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• parlay
    parlay

Saw a brother today that asked me "whats that facial hair?"

I said yeah, you can wear a beard too, you just won't get used in the cong. I don't have

to worry about that, so for the first time in my life I'm growing a beard.

Plus, I said, I noticed that all the prophets of old and even jesus are shown with beards in the

watchtower, so I'm following their example. After all beards are a part of Jehovahs creation right?

All he could said was "yeah". LOL.

• Sam87
    Sam87

LOL! yeah i remember about a year or so ago i said to one of my mates that i wanted to grow a beard, i just got this strange look as if i said ''i want to run down the main street of my home town naked'' it was the weirdest thing, ill always remember that though, lol

Sam87.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

My hubby finally grew a beard a year ago after wanting one for 40 years! No one recognizes him. He saw a brother from our former congregation yesterday, said hi, and the brother conversed with him, but probably went away asking himself "who was that"? His beard is like Sean Connery's beard in Hunt for Red October, very trim. I think it looks great!

Interesting, the scripture the Wt uses to say we shouldn't have tatoos is Lev 19:28. If you read Lev 19:27 it says not to cut the extremity of your beard. Use this part, ignore that part. Just like the WT. Make the scriptures fit their beliefs, instead of beliefs fit the Bible.

Little Bo Peep

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    It's portrayed as something that could prevent a JW from giving a witness, as the householder may associate the beard with something that would prevent them from listening.

.....otherwise they listen, yes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit