Persecution Begins on Monday

by compound complex 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I'm afraid I have lost most everything I have ever written. It had some deep connection to my past. The writings took me back to dark places I had rather to forget. Now is a new time that the walls of the Watchtower are far behind me, and the light that now surrounds my life is conducive to creating again. What kind of art do you create?

Kate

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Kate,

I can understand the need to have a fresh start even in creative matters. There was a thread recently asking about our dreams or subconscious connection to the WT. Something to that effect. It conjured up the never-before-realized origins of my art. Since early childhood I held a worshipful view of mountains, chiefly that known as Aztec Ridge in Santa Clara County and Loma Prieta along the spine of said county and Santa Cruz County. The enchanting effect of the rising, forested inclines plus the strangely mesmerizing cover of the old WATCHTOWER combined to set me onto the path of a painter of mystical and magical mountains. Now, and only now, do I realize that the majority of my art of forty-five years is the product of my fascination with the cover of the older magazines ------- foreboding and majestic tower in the foreground and waterfall and mountain in the background. Talk about subliminal influence. So, likewise, am I seeking a new artistic direction. It's time to move on spiritually and artistically.

I hope you will find new and fulfilling, creative outlets, ones that will replace the disturbing ones of the past.

Yours truly,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit