Here I Sit In Calgary, AB...Depressed...

by exjdub 19 Replies latest jw friends

• exjdub
    exjdub

...Because I am packing to leave Calgary first thing in the morning. We flew up from Florida a week ago for my daughter's wedding and had the opportunity to explore Calgary and to see the Rockies. Breathtaking beauty and a ton of wildlife.

If anyone on the board is from Calgary, you are quite lucky to live in such a clean, wonderful, city along with such amazing surroundings. Banff is only an hour away and was the icing on the cake. To top it off, the people were awesome. Very friendly and very giving. We stayed with a couple who we had never met and they opened up their house to us and treated us like family. We have made friends for life ("worldly" people sure are a disappointment aren't they?...LOL). The only problem now is to make room for all of our new friends so that they can visit us in Florida in January!

I am packing and going to be busy doing the last minute rush thing, so I won't have opportunity to respond, but I will re-visit the thread when I have opportunity on Sunday. Thank you Canada!!!

Ps: I can say "eh" after every sentence with the best of them now! funny how easy it is to pick up...eh?

exjdub

• JH
    JH

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time in Canada.

I never went out west. I guess I should one of these days. I'm in eastern Canada

Have a safe trip back home.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Canadian country is beautiful so are us Cunucks EH?
    I will be going to Fla in June to the BRCI convention...Hope I come back just as impressed as you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I love that area. Banff is something special IMO. After the Canadian version - the American Rockies are just not quite what they were.

Have a safe trip.

Jeff

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi exjdub, glad you had a great time! If you guys ever make it back, send me a pm, I'll take you out for a beer or two.

Shel

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I will be going to Fla in June to the BRCI convention...Hope I come back just as impressed as you.

I'm sorry Mouthy, but I am afraid you might be disappointed. The weather, and the beach, are awesome...but the place just doesn't look like Canada. I am very happy to live in Florida, for the time being, because we spend a lot of time at the beach..but the place just does not inspire me.

AK-Jeff: I agree with you about the mountains. I have seen similar beauty in Montana and Wyoming, but not as breathtaking. I would recommend a vacation in Alberta any time and will definitely be returning myself.

GBL: I should have posted that I was going to be in Calgary. I just wasn't sure if I would have the opportunity to go out or not, due to the wedding. But I will be back...

By the way...what is up with the alcohol prices? I had sticker shock! Triple what we pay in the States, in some areas.

JH: I highly recommend it. The West Is Best! I can say that coming from the East. Quebec is a nice Province as well, but I can't get Alberta out of my mind.

Thanks all for the replies!

exjdub

• Simon
    Simon

Calgary is definitely a lovely city ... I can't wait to live there.

It's not just the city itself which is nice but the surrounding area and it being the "gateway to the Rockies".

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I picked up the 'eh' just from living in a border state(Wash). Don't know what thats all about. I love Canada and Canadians too! Great neighbors!

• jgnat
    jgnat

..and here I was only 3 CD's away in Edmonton. Sorry I missed you.

• Mary
    Mary

I used to live in Calgary......the first time we went to Banff and saw the mountains was absolutely breathtaking.....glad you enjoyed your stay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit