Awkward moment Tuesday night

by Jourles 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Jourles, If your own blood didn't leave your body,I guess technically it wouldn't have been a "sin" to swallow it. I remember the dubs using the example of the heart bypass surgery (closed continous circut) and as long as it wasn't "primed" with blood it was okay. You didn't "prime" your throat with anybody elses blood did you?

• gordon d
    gordon d

See... that's what you get for playing volleyball instead of going to the book study! LOL In similar situations... I've had a warm fuzzy feeling by making the statement that I was a non-denominational Christian and leaving it at that. Hope you're feeling better! Gordon "finally enjoying the peace that transcends all understanding....Phil 4:7"

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

I was curious if anyone has ever replied, "Christian." ..truth.ceeker..

• daystar
    daystar

Glad you're okay Jourles...

I'm sure that will probably be a little turning point for you, to verbalize that publicly, and in front of your wife.

If asked that, and I haven't been yet in that sort of scenario, but if I were, I'd have to resist claiming to be a "Solar-phallic Chaos sex magickian"...

LOL LOL LOL!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Jourles, I'm glad your nose is going to be ok. Dayum that hurts! I bet it felt rather good to realize you're free?

Grammy Grace, that parrot story is sooooo funny - I'm glad I was drinking soda water and not coffee or you'd have a laptop to clean! LOL

• Emma
    Emma

Ouch! Hope they gave you something for pain.

When out of earshot of your wife, you may want to make sure the "JW" label is completely out of your medical records. It popped up in mine after I'd changed my religious affiliation. Funny what gets stuck in the system sometimes.

Emma

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Would you like me to pop you a good one so it doesnt heal so fast?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Does feel weird doesn't it, I had to swear a legal oath, and the court person asked me if I wanted to swear on the bible or take a 'non religious' oath, I opted for non religious. It did feel strange, but after all I've learned, I didn't feel it right to swear on the bible! (not knocking those of you that do)

Poppy x

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

The first time you have to answer that is odd isn't it? I think the first time I had to answer it was when I was filling out a form for the kids at the pediatricians office. It's like a blast of cold air to the face. You all of a sudden realize how much has changed. Kitten Whiskers P.S. Truth.ceeker: Yes, I put Christian. That was all I had. No other real church affiliation.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

WHOOPS! I'm on hubby's computer. Didn't think about that! Kitten Whiskers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit