Awkward moment Tuesday night

by Jourles 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

On Tuesday night, I took an elbow to the nose while playing volleyball. A guy I play with is an ER doctor and recommended I go to the ER just to make sure everything was OK. Turned out I had a "nasal fracture with contusion." Anyways, while talking with the admissions lady, one of the questions she asked me was, "Any religion or church you want me to put you down as affiliated with?" My jw wife was sitting next to me and I immediately answered "None." She slightly looked over to me, but didn't make eye contact. I think her response was more of a, "Oh, that's right - you're not a jw anymore."

It was the first time in my life that I was able to say I wasn't a [jw]. That was weird to say the least.

Oh, and the nose is healing just fine.

• JH
    JH

Glad all is OK

Oh, did you show your "No blood"card at the hospital ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

What did the wife say after??? Thats what I would like to know Glad all is well ith the nose sounds like the hearts doing good also when you can say religion NONE!!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Good thing you didn't need any blood!

• M.J.
    M.J.

That happened to me at a Catholic hospital. But I quipped, "do I get a discount if I say I'm Catholic?"

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yes, I like putting "none" on forms that ask your religion. It kind of made my day the first time I got to write that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good thing you didn't need any blood! Lonelysheep LOL

But I know I am repeating this but I think it so funny.Humor me....
    It is about the Pet store that had a parrot for sale.A buyer came in & was interested. he was told the previous owner became a missionary so had to part with it. SOLD!!!! He knew it wouldnt swear as Parrots are wont to do.
    But the next day( Sunday) the parrot yelled early in the A.m "Get up get up for service"
    Then not a word till Tuesday he said " Book study come on Book study"
    Nothing until Thursday. > Then " Ministry School... Ministry School" The new owners put up with this for weeks & in a blind rage the Man threw it against the Wall where it croaked
    " NO BLOOD NO BLOOD"

• Jourles
    Jourles
    threw it against the Wall where it croaked
    " NO BLOOD NO BLOOD"

lol, that was funny!

My wife didn't say anything about it. Not one word. I don't know how a jw could deal with such a thing happening to them. I mean, you're not supposed to "eat" blood, but here you are tilting your head back, squeezing your nose to try and stop the bleeding, but the blood is gushing down the back of your throat. I don't know how much blood I swallowed, but I finally stopped the bleeding after around 45 minutes. I was light headed and feeling sick to my stomach if that's any indication.

I can just picture a jw saying in private, "Oh God, please Jehovah, forgive me! forgive me! i couldn't help but swallow that blood. Please let me live through armageddon!! Ahhhhhh!"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hell of a way for that doc to drum up new business.

Glad all is ok.

Jeff

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Ahh......the subtleties of mind control. JW's always trying to give someone the "look" to keep them in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit