Culinary Fads

by Stephanus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• joe_black
    joe_black

Around here I hear alot of persons just saying f@#k it! I'm gonna go get me a carl's jr. pastrami burger with the super fries, double everything!

• becca1
    becca1

New light: Feta is out and blue cheese is in. Especially Gorgonzolla.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WoW!!..What a lot of good ideas..A very hip,culinary crowd..I`m impressed.....Steph,when we meet up,I`m gonna show you some Classic French cooking..I wanna take on Iron Chef-French,in Japan..I can whoop him..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

hummus

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Watch the food network. Comfort foods are the new trend. Paula Deen, Rachel Ray-most of their food is just plain old fashioned or classics with a twist(easier or with the blue veined cheese somewhere in it). Homemade Macaroni and Cheese. I LOVE IT!!!

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I have taken up doing a lot of cooking which is kind of funny in away. I don't hardly ever eat meat and yet I cook it for the family a lot. I am into salads, soups, cheese, and things like that. My favorite tv is foodnetwork and I get a lot of recipes off of there and make them for the family and they all find it very enjoyable.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can remeber the madness about eating polyunsaturated vegetable oils something that turned out to be very unhealthy advice since it messed up the body's metabolism. Then saturated fat began to come back to fashion, and soon the low fat fads will be gone. I could never stand those reduced fat food stuffs.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    .....Steph,when we meet up,I`m gonna show you some Classic French cooking..I wanna take on Iron Chef-French,in Japan..I can whoop him..LOL!!...OUTLAW

I wouldn't be surprised, Outlaw - I learned all my French culinary terms, such as "mise en place" and "mirepoix" from the Canadian show, Cook Like A Chef. I bet you've seen all the Iron Chef episodes - here in Oz, we're only up to the 1996 series!

I have every intention of visiting you Outlaw (when I win Powerball, heh heh) and taking advantage of your wilderness hospitality and a chance to sample your vittles - the main cost isn't in getting there, but the cost of bear, wolf, mountain lion, eagle and wolverine repellents!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Steph..I`ve seen many of the Japanese Iron Chef`s episodes..I`m trained in Classic French and I think I can kick Japanese:Iron Chef`s French`s Ass!..LOL!!..At some point you and I will kick it..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit