Welcome Noniya to the forum!

by AK - Jeff 14 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome Noniya. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

poppers

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey Noniya! You were pentacostal? You are pentacostal? Wouldn't you rather be penta-coastal? Welcome. Keep thinking for yourself.

Talk amongst yourselves...

W.Once

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Noniya, and welcome.

• noniya
    noniya

Hi everyone and thank you for the welcomes! You made me feel at home, I hope everyone will feel the same with me!

I am loving this already..

ready for more, lots more!!

noniya

• noniya
    noniya

Some of you mentioned the concerns you had during the time you were a JW or involved with them. I mentioned my best friend that was at one time and how we would get into debates, etc. But the biggest problem I had was when my friend was disfellowshipped. Insisting on staying a JW at the time I attended a meeting with my friend, as this friend of mine was very insistint on me going to see how it really was. Taking a person raised pentecostal and then growing up to be strong minded about her own beliefs was a dangerous combination

We got there, the people came up to greet us, my friend informs a member that they were disfellowshipped, the member pulled her hand away as if she touches something bad, my friend says, I am disfellowshipped, but she isn't referring to me. She turns to me and welcomes me. I wanted to say, Look, don't you dare treat me friend like that, you have skeletons in your closet too, you have done wrong , you are not perfect and you don't know who my friend truly is, and besides, when did God step off his throne and make you ruler.

If I am not mistaken, Jesus said let ALL come unto me , He ate a tax payers home, which back then was unheard of, He stopped the religious fanatics from stoning a woman, quoting You who are without sin, cast the first stone..

I held my tongue but we left. I never went back to another meeting again. It wasn;t real surprising to me they were so overly nice at first, but I wasn't impressed. I wonder what would have happened if our supernatural eyes were opened to the lives of the ones that shunned my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit