Name that tune!!

by megsmomma 16 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I was thinking of some JW lyrics that are so funny! If you write it in "plain english" and show the mind control in them...do you think you can name it??

Here is an example....feel free to play!

Make our teaching your belief

do not be prone to thinking on your own

control your body

to show our teachings are sinking in.

Anyone know???

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

"Make the Truth Your Own"!

Do I get a prize?!

If not for naming that tune, how about for it being my 1000 post!!!!! Finally after a year and a half of being here it's about time huh? LOL

LRG

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Here comes the confetti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You Win on your 1000 th post! How good is life now?????

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Did I get the tune right?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Here are some new lyrics to an old favorite:

We're Jehovah's Witnesses

We spread the bull-sh*t

Ours is the God of False prophesy

What he fortells fails to be!!!!

It's kindof catchy...I must admitt!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Dare you to sing those lyrics in a kingdom hall can you imagine their faces?!(althoough half of them there would probably be secretly agreeing with the words!)

• Moomin
    Moomin

We're Jehovah's Witnesses

I hate that song. I sang the verse over and over again without realising when I was in the supermarket once. (quietly of course). URGH

I think your on to something there, they definately have a brainwashing feel.

Do you think that due to the lack of oomph to the melodies, it was quite impossible to make them sound nice? Everyone seemed to sing them so faintly and mumbly like meek little mice about to crumble.

• Velta
    Velta

Moomin, You said: I sang that song (We're Jehovah's Witnesses) once in the super market (quietly, of course).

My daughter was 3 or 4 and was singing it at the top of her voice in a super market. I tried to have her quiet it down, but she was in good voice. A little embarassing, but a great witness no? hee hee

It is not one of my favorites, either.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Velta, That's funny. I bet she did it more justice actually by singing loudly.

You said you tried to quieten her but really you were singing just as loud doing the harmony and placing watchtowers in the magazine racks. :) hehe

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The brainwashing shines through in this one as well:

As Jehovah’s people sound throughout the earth
    Truths about the Kingdom, of such priceless worth,
    Theocratic order they must all obey
    And remain united, loyalty display.

Name the song anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit