I met Roger Waters of Pink Floyd Sunday night!!!!!

by Thegoodgirl 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Hey all you pink Floyd Fans! I have to share this with my old pals on JWD: Me and my husband went to three Roger Waters concerts this fall: (Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles.) We went to the LA concert Sunday night. We decided to stick around after the concert while the traffic died down. We found a group of die hard fans that were moving from doorway to doorway, trying to get a glimpse of band members leaving to their limos or vans. Well long story short, we stay for 2 more hours, slowly the member trickle out, some a bit friendly, some not at all. But finally Roger Waters comes out of the building, gets into his limo, pauses and comes back out of his limo. Of course security was all over us, yelling at us to form a single file line (this is after hours of security trying to get everyone to leave.) Roger Waters walks out of the little barrier gate and signs EVERY SINGLE PERSON'S STUFF. (Well there were only about 10-15 people left, but still.) He didn't say much except that one guy asks him if he's touring next year and he says "Yeah, 62 dates." I don't know if he was kidding or not, but anyway, it was such an awesome experience!

My husband was absolutley nervous, but managed to say, "Thanks for your music, it changed my life." and patted Roger on the back. It was so funny. Anyway, we didn't plan ahead, so we just had one of our tickets signed, but it was awesome!

• bavman
    bavman

Very cool!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Awesome... how cool is that?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

What a great experience!!! I would have been ecstatic! I bet I would have out-nervoused your hubby twice over, haha! I am so tickled for you!

hugs,

Annie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Totally Awesome!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

My husband was absolutley nervous, but managed to say, "Thanks for your music, it changed my life." and patted Roger on the back. It was so funny. Anyway, we didn't plan ahead, so we just had one of our tickets signed, but it was awesome!

How cool is that! Keep that ticket, in fact I would frame it!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My husband will be so jealous. The only PF song I really remember was the "Education" song that we roller skated to when I was a kid(Sunday nites with the other kids from the hall-good times!)

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Thanks, guys! Yes, it was so cool. (Those words don't do justice to the experience, I know.) We had gotten a hotel room that night, but only slept for 2 1/2 hours and then had to get up for our flight. But it was so worth it. I've become a fan the past few years, but my husband has been an absolute die hard for his entire life. (He's 33). So the experience was unbeleivable for him. The other band members had different reactions. Nick Mason had played drums at this particular concert, and he signed about three autographs, and decided he was done, so the body guard literally shoved the next fan away to let us know Nick was done. P.P. Arnold (one of the amazing backup singers) didn't even look back when we were all yelling her name. The saxaphonist was cool and signed a few (Ian Richie.) Snowy White told one fan that he wasn't Snowy White (as he climbed into the trailer sitting there.) Anyway, Roger Waters was by far the coolest and nicest one. He was dressed so casually (jeans, boating shoes, and a white polo shirt advertising the concert.) Just like a nice normal guy who hadn't let it all get to his head.

Bikerchic, I absolutely do plan to frame it. We have been discussing ways to arrange it in the frame for the past two days. (Floating frame? Include our other concert tickets in the frame? Etc.) :)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I've become a fan the past few years, but my husband has been an absolute die hard for his entire life. (He's 33).

I had a couple of "45" records (remember 45's?) by them that we liked and then I saw a concert from the Fillmore on PBS back in the early 70's sometime and really became a "more devoted" fan! (And I am 65!)

hugs,

Annie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I'm jealous TGG

Congrats

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit