How can I conquer this habit?

by hambeak 14 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

Received the Nov 06 awake today and this article caught my attention. It is about masturbation and the evils of it. In a nutshell Try to stop and think of other things deal with your guilt but don't let it overwhelm you. And get this confide in someone about your problem and they will help you. Help you do what? Then an ad for a book questions young people ask. My god the wts is obsessed with all matters sexual.

Hambeak

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I figure Jehovah would have written something against it in the Bible if he disapproved don't you agree? Or maybe had it grow out of the small of our backs in a less convenient place to grab onto?

• Beardo
    Beardo
    Help you do what?

Probably help you with advice like:

Read the Bible.

Think of Jehovah when tempted or an angel looking over your shoulder.

Go out for a brisk walk or take a cold shower.

Dig the garden.

etc

( just hope the advice isn't from sister pointy firm breasts or brother bulge )

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

If your makes you stumble cut it off. No don't you'll just switch hands.

• Priest73
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

heh... ahh yes, the five finger shuffle, spankin the monkey, rubbing one off, punchin the munchkin. You'd think they have more important stuff to talk about than people coming to grips with themseves

• crazyblondeb
  • Bad Girl
    Bad Girl

This used to really trouble me when I was studying and attending meetings! I always felt guilty for doing it, and I used to hide under the covers and do it, because I thought Jesus was watching me I never managed to quit the habit though. I think 99% of people do it, and its probably a healthier thing to do than going out and fornicating or adulterating I have to say, now that I dont attend meetings anymore I dont do it as much, it was almost as if I got a thrill out of doing something I wasnt supposed to and the cycle of guilt made it more intense, oh dear I am living up to my username arent I? hehe

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Can you imagine the little prick that wrote that?

Dismembered

• greendawn
    greendawn

The never ending moralising of the FDS. For many people it is the final safety valve to let out steam and reduce the inner pressure that threatens to tear them apart. And teenagers have the strongest pressures to deal with yet this prohibition is mainly directed at them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit