Hardships and Assemblies

by Sunspot 62 Replies latest jw friends

I think that the worst part of conventions, at least the ones I attended at Dodger Stadium was the fact that the higher ups had access to the press box, and the Club Section. Those of you familiar with Dodger Stadium know what I speak of. This section was always in the shade, and always filled with the self-important types.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I forgot all about the club level for the important dubs.

There is no love for children within the WTS.

Love? You're right, there's no love, but there's certainly plenty of exploitation.

The subhuman gristle that profits and/or manages the WTS are walking excrement, deserving only of being flushed down a toilet.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My first assembly after leaving home - a 5 day job in Louisville, Kentucky. That was a blast. I was 17, and I and two other 'brothers', travelled down together and split a room in a private rental unit. It was about 100 degrees, and impossible to sleep. One of the brothers I was with nearly got himself shot, as he tried to get into the wrong building after dark one night [the whole street looked alike]. We had fun even in spite of the heat, our first chance at a little independence. We were well behaved, but had a good time of it.

My second was the International Convention in NYC. 80,000 people crowded into Yankee Stadium. A week in NYC, and never saw a damn thing except Yankee Stadium and the inside of a subway car. Oh, and a brother from our hall [the son of the people I went with] gave us a tour of Bethel, where he was interred.

I remember my wife telling me of one they attended in KC. They were housed in a tent, in the middle of a pasture, 20 miles from the convention. It rained so hard they got home one night to find all thier belonging floating in 6 inches of water. I don't think Wifey ever liked conventions after that one.

A waste of time, money, and effort. But always hailed as 'food in just the right time'. Blah Blah.

Jeff

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey, there is some good news in all of this-Even with all of the "new light" the conventions are getting shorter all the time! You would think they would get longer. We can be grateful for small favors!

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit