JW's in Interfaith and Local Government?????

by Kenneson 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

From Roxas City, the Philippines comes this interesting article entitled "Faith keeps town's GPK program alive."

"The interfaith communities have become a commendable partner of the local government unit in the greening, cleaning and beautifcation efforts."

"...the Council has chosen Rev. Father John Marlon Bordo as executive officer with the leaders of the....as members of the board of directors." (The names of various churches, including Jehovah's Witnesses are given).

http://www.thenewstoday.info/2006/10/09/faith.keeps.towns.gpk.program.alive.html

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

tsk tsk tks... Wonder who's going to be getting a call from Broolyn???

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I bet they don't have to wear suit jackets or nylons in the summer either!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Kenneson:

Good find Ken! The Watchtower is so neck-deep in hypocrisy they could never dig their way out, nor does it seem they want to.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• bubble
    bubble

LOL. No wonder the WBTS hate the internet!

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is an innocent enough activity and the problem is not here but in that the JWs will expel anyone involved in similar activities for these being equivalent to flirting with Babylon or the beast.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Very naughty of them. They obviously haven't read this awake article:

"...Jehovah's witnesses have nothing in common with other religious groups and can never seek any affiliation with them." -Awake! November 22, 1975 page 23

Good spot Kenneson.

• sir82
    sir82

Woops! Didn't take long to break that District Convention resolution!

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

It's not political people..read the article

It's an environmental program and I don't see the conflict. In fact I do believe JW's have a good deal of respect for the environment and that their farms in New York and other places are very clean, as enviromentally friendly as they can make them and well run. Although I have never seen them I have heard stories and not just from JW's in this regard. In fact I remember being shown a JW vid once where the people from South America were mentioning how their religion had helped them to become cleaner people.

Cooperating with local officials on a matter like this is no violation of their "political neutrality"

You're barking up the wrong tree on this one!

I would actually take an article like this as a positive sign and don't forget that the article may not present the whole or true story of the situation. If you believe everything you read without question then ALL Canadians would live in igloo's and we all know that's NOT true.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

If Armageddon is around the corner, why would the jw's get involved with this project. Isn't the whole earth going to be a beautiful paradise soon??????????? Why get involved with "Local Govenment"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit