2007 year text

by moomanchu 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

It will be............ drum roll.

Zephaniah 1:14

The great day of Jehovah is near.

That carrot is so close just can't seem to get it though.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

lol...they don't have the foggiest idea, about how the end will roll in..they are really in the dark.. like this scripture says: (I think about the WT)

about the wicked slave:

Math. 24:50..NIV The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I would like to recommend the following year text for the Watchtower Society in 2007:

"You have fooled me, O Jehovah, so that I was fooled. You used your strength against me, so that you prevailed. I became an object of laughter all day long; everyone is holding me in derision."

Jeremiah 20:7

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Arthur....That scripture was actually applied to Watchtower prophetic failure in this article:

*** w67 2/15 p. 118 "From a Weak State . . . Made Powerful" ***

There is a pioneer brother, still serving in the south of New Zealand at eighty-seven years of age, and his faithful pioneer wife is even a few years older. He sold his business in 1914, so that he could enjoy at least a few months of "colporteur" pioneer service before the expected big crash came in the autumn of that year. He is fond of quoting Jeremiah 20:7: "You have fooled me, O Jehovah, so that I was fooled." For though he had expected his pioneer service on earth to be for a brief season only, it has stretched out through more than fifty rewarding years, together with trials and reproaches.... Moreover, he encourages young people to have the same viewpoint that he had back there in 1914.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think this would be better, as a message to the gb, from Obadiah:

The day of the LORD is near
    for all nations.
    As you have done, it will be done to you;
    your deeds will return upon your own head.

Not that I believe in much these days, but if there is a reckoning to come at the hands of God, the wts will be first in line for the chop.

• garybuss
    garybuss

My all time favorite has to be the 1974 text . . . . If the fig tree fails to bloom . . .

• greendawn
    greendawn

That day has been near since 1878, it was 1914 at first then any time up to 1995 then it could be ages away yet mysteriously it still continues to be so tantalisingly close. Why? Because the WTS profit making machine needs that sense of urgency in order to continue running. So they always need to be kept on edge otehrwise they will lose all motivation.

• RR
    RR
    That carrot is so close just can't seem to get it though.

Yeah and here he is:

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I much prefer this one for the Year's Text:

Expectation postponed is making the heart sick. -- Proverbs 13:12

... and for 2008:

I have become tired by my calling out; My throat has become hoarse. My eyes have failed while waiting for my God -- Psalm 69:3

... and for 2009:

O hurry, answer me, O Jehovah. My spirit has come to an end. Do not conceal your face from me, Or else I must become comparable with those going down into the pit. -- Psalm 143:7

... and for 2010:

My eyes have pined away for your saying, While I say: "When will you comfort me?" -- Psalm 119:82
  • BookOfJude
    BookOfJude

So... what's new? It's nearer now than it was in 1975? Wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit