Christians and dubs/treated same here

by gumby 53 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Hey guys
    I got an idea as to why there is the same bitterness by many/not all, on this board twards christians like there is to dubs. You feel you have found it to be a crock just as the borg is and it makes you madder than crap to see people duped a second time.
    What is the opinion from you guys.... as to why christian posts.....piss you off??????????

• siegswife
    siegswife

I'm not sure what you're asking or who you're asking, but I left the bOrg (lol) because I AM a Christian.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Siegswife.
    I'm asking all on this board if you think the negative comments to christians by others on this board is the same negative feelings they have for the dubs. They are mad that people are dumb to believe in the bible/god.

• siegswife
    siegswife

I'm not sure. You are probably right that they feel that way. I imagine realizing they were being duped affected them in a different way than some of the rest of us. They went to the other extreme. Personally, I think that going to either extremity isn't very wise. It's judgmental.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Many here still respect an individual's choice to be a Christian. What is not appreciated is fundamental wacko Christians who try to preach to us, or 'save' us.

We've been down that road before. We were misled in the past and most here are very passionate against being misled again.

Path

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Seigswife, perhaps you could explain why you think people deciding not to be "duped" is extreme? Perhaps it is a good thing to be a little "duped"? "Duped" by a slightly prettier story, would you call that reasonable middle ground?

Perhaps the more profound question is how can some people be less than passionate against being misled, given their past experience. Hope springs eternal?

• siegswife
    siegswife

(((Seigswife, perhaps you could explain why you think people deciding not to be "duped" is extreme? Perhaps it is a good thing to be a little "duped"? "Duped" by a slightly prettier story, would you call that reasonable middle ground?)))

Where is this coming from? Let me put it this way: If at one time some of the people who are presently atheists believed in God and His salvation for those of their faith, and now, because of the bOrg, don't believe in God at all, that is going in an extreme direction. I wasn't judging that at all. I don't feel that by believing in Christ and the message in the Bible I'M being duped. Would you be upset if I said that YOU were now being duped? To me, the middle ground is believing that God made EVERYONE, loves EVERYONE, and that the sacrifice of Christ is for the whole world. It's not my job to decide who HE recognizes and who HE doesn't.

• gumby
    gumby

Pathofthorns
    "What is not appreciated is fundamental wacko Christians who try to preach to us, or 'save' us".
    It is not "wacko" to try and relate what you believe is the correct path for someone. Many who post here state their opinion on what they believe is the right way to believe that is not christian and they do not like being coined a "wacko for expressing their opinion... correct?
    I agree... some get self rightous in how they post and they do get judgemental of others who don't agree with them.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Gumby,

It is not "wacko" to try and relate what you believe is the correct path for someone.

Telling statement. Perhaps we, who've left the over-bearing, powerful WTBTS, don't believe - and will not accept - anyone else telling us what is the "correct path" for us.

Perhaps that should remain a personal truth and discovery for each of us? Freedom of choice, and all that.

waiting

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

siegswife, leaving God out of it for a moment, you said: "I don't feel that by believing in Christ and the message in the Bible I'M being duped"

Wouldn't you say that at best, the messege of the Bible is extreme? Extremely hard to believe? I mean, it has no supporting evidence. You can understand, given that, why people who no longer believe it to be from God, would see those who do as "duped"? Given the evils perpetrated on the world by people who got their ideas about God from that book, can you see why it is of concern to the unbeliever? Said evils being constant and unrelenting for thousands of years. Frankly, we are tired of peoples morality coming from a book. A mean spirited book at that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit