Which did you fear more as a JW, God or the Elders?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I felt that God understood if I missed meetings or didn't go out in the field service very much, but the elders wouldn't.

Bottom line, I feared the elders more .....

That's pretty sad.

• restrangled
    restrangled

It was first the parents, then the elders. God did not ever enter the picture.

r.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hey JH - thats exactly the same way I felt. So yes I feared the elders more, and my study conductor. I was much more afraid of admitting things to her than I was to God. Also, feeling like that made me feel guilty as I believed I was disrespecting God by being more concerned of other people's reaction.:(

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

What Restrangled said...

Mostly I feared my Dad, but then he was an Elder so maybe that counts?

The only time that it actually entered my mind to fear the Elders was when I had to go to a Judicial Meeting. Then I was shaking in my boots.

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

I didn't fear God, I loved him and still do, but those elders were more like the pompus preachers they talked about so much.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The elders because God is much more loving and forgiving then any of them were! Lilly

• garybuss
    garybuss

I didn't even know who the elders were after they dropped the servant "arrangement". I sure didn't fear the god character. As a kid the Witnesses scared me with all their constant talk about goblins (deemins).

We lived in the country and at night it was dark as the inside of a cow. I hated it when the wind would blow. The outhouse was on the tree line and at night when the wind would blow and the trees moved like the arms on a ghost. We didn't have an inside bathroom until I was 9. The flashlight made shadows and made the trip worse at night.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The elders are the right hand of the WBT$..The WBT$ made God cancell armageddon in 1975..I was there..There was no armageddon in 1975..Without the WBT$,God wouldn`t have a job..Elders are way more powerfull

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my ex husbands temper! god and the elders seemed impotent

• Amazing
    Amazing

I feared God more ... but I was raised believing in God in the first place, and not the marketing image of the Watchtower that they label Jehovah. Now I still fear God, but not the Watchtower.

Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit