If Someone Hurts You Or Pisses You Off, How Do You Usually Deal With It?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My mouth tends to overload my ass! Can u imagine that??!!

So if I get really angry, I usually let them have it. Or I may let it blow over, then get even.

• serendipity
    serendipity
    When someone upsets you, how do you discuss matters to try to work things out???

You can use different approaches, but here's one that's recommended :

I'm sure you didn't mean this, but when you did xyz, I felt (thought) aaa because bbb. Am I understanding the situation correctly?"

You also need to ask for what you want out of the encounter.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Well, if I speak on it without first calming down and thinking rationally, I will overreact. Not crazy-bitch over-react, but enough to be off character for myself.

So, generally, I think about what I'm going to say and how to say it in order to get my point across in the best manner possible without invoking negativity.

At work, I have to bite my tongue. I deal with being pissed by rolling my eyes at the person.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Richard G.,

My former approach was to beat the antagonist over the head with the Bible. Then circumstances humbled me and I began turning the other cheek, remembering to bless those who curse you. During the public talk an elder, long antagonistic toward me, spoke the entire time of the threat of apostasy in our congregation. His comments, too specific to be otherwise, were clearly aimed at me. I called him later that day and told him how much my family and I enjoyed his talk. Long silence, a sharp thank you, a few more words, a good-bye, the click of the receiver. I repeated the fiery-coals process a few more times whenever our paths crossed. Then after one meeting he approached and thanked me for helping to clean the hall. He was genuinely kind.

Yours truly,

Compound Complex

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Usually, I simply decide not to take it personally. Sometimes, I'll call them on it. Most of the time, it's simply a (mis)persception or (mis)communication issue and reasonably easy to resolve with honest and sincere communication. I don't have enough energy to pick fights over every little thing. It's easier to just forgive and move on. Most stuff just doesn't matter.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

If it is a stranger, I curse under my breath hoping they hear me (barring of course some sort of sincere"oh, sorry bout that, buddy, my bad" frome their end)unless it is clear that there actions were deliberate and reckless, in which case I will speak up and make known my anger and be willing to back my words up if things get hairy.

If it is someone that I am close to then it usually goes something like:

1. hope they notice on there own and apologize profusely, if not-
    2. silent treatment...still nothing?
    3. try hard to let it go , which rarely if ever works for me.
    4. subtle hints, snide remarks...
    5. let it simmer deep down while other (usually minor and otherwise tedious) infractions pile up, until I finally lay it all out for them(remember all of the things that I said I was going to be the better person about and let slide?) in rather harsh terms (if necessary). This can be rather time consuming and is not a recommended way of dealing with issues. It can go on for months too, unless it is my wife in which case all of those things still take place(the order can be changed a little) but are expedited because neither one of us should ever have to feel like we should be sleeping on the couch.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Warlock

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I lay right down on the floor, no matter where I am, and pitch the worst temper tantrum you've ever seen!!! They never cross me again! Oh wait, I'm sorry, I was having a flashback to when I was 2!

It just depends on what it is....sometimes I speak right up and let them know! (In your face approach but not mean!)

Sometimes I might use humor to get my point across and let them know where I stand on an issue or if something is bothering me. Other times, I just ask myself if it's worth getting into it over, and if it isn't, I forget about it.

I used to use sarcasm more when I was younger, but as I got older, just didn't like that approach.

Swalker (Tells it like it is!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit