This is frickin' nuts!

by 5thGeneration 13 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Skipped another meeting tonight.

Won't answer the phone.

Scared of the doorbell.

Wife wants to stop too but won't commit.

Family too important to lose.

Tired of the hypocrisy, guilt and fear.

Just want my own life.

All that being said: Still believe the basic teachings beyond the other Pharisaical 75%.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I'm sorry!! Seems like you need a ((HUG))!!! Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

5th, are you able to move to another city? This could take a lot of pressure off of you and your wife. If not, you're just going to have to tell everyone that you are depressed and that you and your wife need some quality time together. Let them know that you NEED to be alone during this time. Hopefully, they will get the message. Don't be afraid not to answer your door. Just put up a sign that says:

If you're and unexpected visitor, don't expect to get in.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sorry to hear the tough times you are having. It passes, hopefully sooner than later for you.

What are the Basic beliefs that you hold to? I have been surprised that as time passes more and more of them prove to be wrong as well.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

That must be awful to feel you have to hide from people. My hubby and I felt like that for a while and once we put in our letters of DA, we felt so much more at peace. I'll say a prayer for you, Lilly

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Don't feel like getting into arguments about theocracy and such (not that you wanted to).

Let's just say I still believe in Jehovah God, Jesus' sacrifice, the Bible and the Kingdom hope. I DO believe God created us and He created us to live forever.

Everything else is what Jesus condemned the Pharisees for doing.

Example: Every Questions from Readers for the last century!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

We're with you 5thGen. Glad to at least hear more evidence that the hypocrisy is global.

Catfish

• Core88
    Core88

I am a Dis-fellowshiped witness, forgive and foreget pray read the Bible. I found out that I did not have the ability to read the Bible on my own as a witness for 20yrs. I am a better reader now. The things God has taught me since my more truthfull search is that I will not be free from pain in this life. If one keeps seeking and trys hard to do God's will one will still have pain because we are not perfect as God is perfect, which is the only thing that we would have to be in order to be given life. Since we are not however, there is going to be suffering. Yet this life is SO short and the new life in the promised re-creation Jesus spoke of will be great. I am a believer in the fact that this life is not all there is. And if it was then enjoy the dream untill you die and go back to the pit from which you sprang. If it is not all there is then by all means enjoy yourself because God wants you to and try to find him and do his will as much as you can. Because even though we can not be perfect as God is, and thus fully happy, we can try. This both reveals our heart to us and to God and gives us a chance at the most happness that we can have now, as well as a hope for the future. Be strong and true to yourself, yet try not to give in, my Brother. Core88

• choosing life
    choosing life

Take what you believe and leave the rest. Remember the scripture that says that even if my own mother and father would leave me, Jehovah would pick me up? I am feeling much like you and feel like I am hiding out and trapped. But I have to believe it will get better. You don't owe them anything. Take care of yourself and family. It may take a while, but someday you will be glad you left when you did.

• Shazard
    Shazard

* FREE HUG *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit