JWs blindly deny kindness from non JWs

by greendawn 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has several ways to dilute, diffuse, conceal any good deeds by non-JWs.

1) Publish every good deed the WTS does, leaving out that 99.9% of the recipients are JWs. The only good deed the WTS does to non-JWs is to show up at their door unannounced implying that they lack accurate knowledge of God.

2) Publish every bad deed that non-JWs and non-JW organizations do.

3) If a JW should find the good deeds that non-JWs and non-JW organizations do, convince them that they are of no lasting value since the recipients will soon die at Armageddon or that they are doing them for a wrong motive. They even imply that so many organizations are fraudulent that the JW would be better off sending all their money to the WTS.

Blondie

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

It is called creative truth ... because they create their own truth.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    LanDi: It is more a protection (not associating) but you will NEVER find the words 'worldly people' in Society Literature - on worldly atmosphere references.

LanDi,

Welcome to the forum.

"However, according to the words of Zechariah, some Philistines had a change of heart, and this foreshadowed that some worldlings today would not remain at enmity with Jehovah. They would cease religious idolatry with its abominable rites and disgusting sacrifices and be cleansed in Jehovah’s eyes. In our day such reformed 'Philistines' are found in the great crowd."

" The 'cake and champagne moment' has sometimes been a signal for worldly people to cut loose. In fact, many Christian couples have decided not to have any alcohol at wedding receptions, thus avoiding problems."

"Before coming to a knowledge of the truth, we spent much time with worldly people, perhaps in circumstances that dishonored God. (1 Peter 4:3, 4)"

1 Peter 4:3-6
    For the time that has passed by is sufficient for YOU to have worked out the will of the nations when YOU proceeded in deeds of loose conduct, lusts, excesses with wine, revelries, drinking matches, and illegal idolatries. Because YOU do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of YOU. But these people will render an account to the one ready to judge those living and those dead. In fact, for this purpose the good news was declared also to the dead, that they might be judged as to the flesh from the standpoint of men but might live as to the spirit from the standpoint of God.

Those references come from w95 and w97 respectively. The Scripture is from the NWT.

LanDi: Ex JWs are almost always worse than other people because they have gone against their conscience and abandoned the way of truth.

The opposite is true in my case. I was going against my Bible-trained conscience as a JW, and I was both directly contradicting the truth of God's word and misleading others into belief that God required things that God does not require. JWs have abandoned the way of truth, Jesus Christ. They have no personal relationship with him.

I recently asked an elderly JW who was doing street witnessing (more recently than the one I posted about) to describe her relationship with Jesus. She said, "He is our model. We learn about him and imitate him."

I pressed, "But, what is your relationship with Jesus like?"

She said, "We pray in his name! It is only through him that we can talk to God!"

I asked, "So, your relationship with Jesus amounts to learning about him, copying him, and using him as a messenger boy to deliver your prayers?"

She informed me she was through talking with me. She wasn't, but that is what she told me.

I said, "Ma'am, I don't mean disrespect, but when you claim Jesus is your King, High Priest, redeemer, savior, the way, the truth, and the life, as well as a mighty God who has all authority in heaven and on earth, I have a hard time understanding why you can't talk to him. I can't imagine claiming to have a relationship with someone I can't even talk to."

She thought for a minute and then asked me how I felt about the Trinity, hellfire, and the immortal soul.

What about you, LanDi? As a JW, what is your relationship with your savior like? Impersonal? Or do you talk to your savior and High Priest?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit