Do you feel that the "Rapture" is close now that you are a christian?

by booker-t 20 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

For all ex-jw's that are now born-again christians. Do you now believe that the "Rapture" is close? Have you traded one Lie "Armaggeddon is around the corner" that JW's insist on to jump ship and believing another "Lie" by born-agains that the "Rapture is very close". When will the madness end? It is like jumping off one merry-go-round for another merry-go-round.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

The word rapture is not even mentioned
    in the Bible. Case closed.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This is the only Rapture I believe in:

And you get in your car and drive real far.
    And you drive all night and then you see a light.
    And it comes right down and it lands on the ground.
    And out comes the man from Mars.
    And you try to run but he's got a gun.
    And he shoots you dead and he eats your head.
    And then you're in the man from Mars.
    You go out at night eating cars.
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too.
    Mercurys and Subaru.
    And you don't stop.
    You keep on eating cars.
    Then when there's no more cars you go out at night
    And eat up bars where the people meet.
    Face to face.
    Dance cheek to cheek.
    One to one.
    Man to man.
    Dance toe to toe.
    Don't move too slow 'cause the man from Mars is through with cars.
    He's eating bars.
    Yeah, wall to wall.
    Door to door.
    Hall to hall.
    He's gonna eat 'em all.
    Rapture.

I guess Blondie should have quoted this one.

W.Once

• sspo
    sspo

How many scriptures do you have in order to prove this "rapture" will come without a doubt?

If you have just one, not any different than JW's that only have one scripture for all their "unique teachings"

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Have you traded one Lie "Armaggeddon is around the corner" that JW's insist on to jump ship and believing another "Lie" by born-agains that the "Rapture is very close".***

You asked in another thread why Christians get angry when you don't agree with their beliefs. Maybe starting a discussion with an accusation that they believe in lies is why they get angry with you. A little respect goes a long way.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I have not accepted the 'rapture' theory, all the verses I've shown appear to be about the resurection. not live humans being 'taken up'. Maybe if nI was still an active jw, I would think the rapture is about the remaining 'annointed' being taken up.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Blondie should be able to answer. After all, she sang the song.

Warlock

• Honesty
    Honesty

This age or 'system' could last a million years before Jesus returns. Then again, He might return before dawn.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think the rapture is just another concept of saying armageddon is near. Both are a way of disconnecting from the reality that we will grow old and die.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi there:

This is the 'rapture' scripture:

1Cor. 15:52 NWT in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

I'm thinking the 'dead' (to be raised) are those spiritually sleeping. Not physically dead but spiritually asleep. And in the middle of the GT, they become spiritually alive and awaken. A good cross reference is Dan. 12:1b

And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book. And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproches and to indefinitely lasstin abhorrence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit