Can JW's have friends of the other sex?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Oh, and as well, repression itself can go a long way to imbalance, effectively creating self-fulfilling prophecies. No masturbation. No natural sexual functions. So we all walked around horny-toads so much of the time, with no guilt-free outlet. And then, god of gods, were we to be alone for any length of time with someone of the opposite sex! The temptation is that much more because we were all so sexually repressed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, you really can't.

It is even more pathetic to see how they act in field service groups or seating in the kingdom hall when it comes to a single woman and "brothers" even if you aren't friends. You can't be seen sitting next to a brother (even accidentally).

I saw pathetic maneuvering once at the memorial when some brother with issues motioned to the attendant that he couldn't sit next to me because of appearances. I took the whole thing in in one glance even though they didn't notice that I saw. What was worse was the knowing nod of the attendant (an unattractive brother who probably couldn't get a date). But, I suppose I shouldn't complain because I changed my seat once because some character who reeked of cigarette smoke sat next to me.

The sad fact is that you can't have friends of the opposite sex either in or out of the congregation. It doesn't matter how hard your life is or what you are going through (illness, etc.) If it is rumored you have a boyfriend you will get a phone call.

JWs do not care if you draw your next breath. All they care about is that you are following their stupid rules.

LHG

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ok, fine, Im posting

In the jws, I would say its a no no. I have male friends, as you know!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

A man or woman does not gag for sex with somebody just because they have the genitals of the sex they find attractive.

How many males here would happily stick their penis inside any woman no matter how rank just because she is up for it?

How many women just want to lie down and be "pleasured" by anybody with a penis?

What about gay men, who have male friends they would never want to sleep with in a month of sundays?

What about single men with a pet alsatian. Knowing how rampant perverted sex is, perhaps bestiality is a possibility, because you could do it.

This is what comes of allowing professional career virgins and 17 year olds with the social and intellectual skills of an eighth grader write the litterassure.

HB

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

In the last congregation we attended with my father alive, there was a family whose one daughter was roughly a year-and-a-half younger than me. Around the time I was fourteen & she was thirteen, we started to notice each other in new & different ways (as much as the Borg would permit, of course..). No one seemed to think anything of it at first, especially since it was always in the context of attending the same Book Study, etc. That all changed when it was discovered that we had been exchanging notes at school & calling each other up almost every afternoon before the 'grown-ups' got home. From then on we were forbidden to be in the same room together, even with the door wide open, or even to visit much of anyplace else without someone scrutinizing us every minute or so

My first real crush, squelched thanks to the WTBTS..

Not more than a couple of years later, if my memory serves me--the same parents grew paranoid all over again when their ten-year-old son, who looked upon me as a sort of 'big brother,' started begging for hugs & following me around the Kingdumb Hall or elsewhere in a sort of clinging fashion. It got to the point where I couldn't give the kid a 'high-five' or innocently tousle his hair without getting dirty looks..

Damned if I did, damned if I didn't..

DR

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hamsterbait:

I love your expression "professional career virgins". It is very appropriate in describing many who are in bethel.

While it is no crime to be a virgin of a "certain age", I feel a person like that is limited in their scope of life in general and is NOT qualified to give opinions or make any kind of policy about how people live. A married person and preferably one with children would be more suitable.

I am sorry if this offends anybody.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit