Sex before marriage = a miserable marriage according to WTBTS!

by Gill 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

THIS PISSES ME OFF NO END.

It is so much more huge of a "sin" to rush into a loveless marriage based on that stupid application of the scripture about being it "better to marry than to burn with lust" (something like that) than to put one part of your anatomy inside part of another humans anatomy.

I can't believe that the WTS would consider me on better moral standing with God if I entered a lifelong contract out of horniness and then went on to a loveless marriage, complete with kids than if I a sexual relationship that is nothing but pure love with someone that I don't end up signing a legal contract with.

Such bullcrap. Like how it is so much more a sin in their eyes that I will eat (yeah I don't smoke) pot once in a while and drink than it is for these pathetic dubs who totally defile their bodies by NEVER getting off the damn couch (except for two hours Saturday morning, most of which is spent at the coffee shop) and eating the grossest crap causing themselves to be totally obese.

PLEASE! *WHO* is sinning against their body??!!!

-K
    *** who runs marathons, gets drunk, eats organic, fucks like a rabbit***

• under_believer
    under_believer

In our circuit there was a couple who got married and discovered on their wedding night that their bits were incompatible. He was abnormally large, and she was abnormally small. They couldn't make it work.

The last I heard, they were considering surgery for her. They had never had conventional intercourse. Other forms (oral, for example) were verboten of course. This was years ago and I never heard what became of it (though they're still married.)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The advice the WT gives on sex before marriage is all based on the asumption: That if the Bible says no sex before marriage then it must be harmful. I agree with those that say you need to live together on a trial basis to see if you compatable before commitiing to anything permanent. Personally I think this marriage thing is full of flaws, and that we have been programed by society to beleive that this is the best way for couples to be committed to each other, by some sort of cerimony that binds them under a legal contract.

• Jamie_from_Canada
    Jamie_from_Canada

Someone told me that the bible no where specifically says that sex before marriage is a sin. I know Paul says to "let the marriage bed be without defilement" and to "flee from fornication", "deaden your body members..." etc

But can you really equate sex before marriage with a miserable marriage? Can you say that not having sex before marriage will increase your respect for each other and promote a healthier marriage? You can have a miserable marriage anyways without sex relevant in the equation. Being married to the watchtower = a miserable life. Fidelity to the watchtower = needless and rediculous

If sex is an act and expression of true love, than is waiting until you are in the confines of a marriage institutuion necessary?

I think part of love is about discovering each other and making mistakes together. How can you be balanced if everything is black and white? If you ask JW teens if they are miserable because they are not allowed to date until they are dating with a view of marriage, how would they honestly answer? Did you find that unreasonable as a teen JW? Isnt trying to live the "perfect life" is sometimes a bigger mistake than trying to live a reasonable balanced life? Who here can honestly say they have never made a mistake in their life when it comes to sex?

So my opinion is : youre damned if you do and your damned if you dont. Didnt Solomon say " there is a time to love and a time not to love" a time to embrace and a time to keep away from embracing. Misery and happiness isnt necessarily equated with the marriage bond and sex but with finding your balance through time, trial and error.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

jamie: I know Paul says to "let the marriage bed be without defilement"

Depending on how one chooses to interpret that, Paul could be saying: don't eat crackers in bed.

• Purza
    Purza
    'Are our marital disagreements somehow a result of this unclean foundation?' the husband sometimes asks himself.'

And let the brainwashing continue. This is statement is pure BS. These kind of statements anger me!

Purza

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Purza,

I'm sure a lot of these supposed quote from people are all made up, even the ones about what kids are saying about how masturbation made them feel like they committed the unforgivable sin. Where would they find such quotes maybe in letter written to the society by these teenagers but i tend to think they wouldn't even bother to go searching thru stacks of letters, but rather just make them up as needed to save time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit