What would you do? everyones input please!

by restrangled 23 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Jaguarbass, guess I jumped the gun, good analogy with rattling the cage!

Finally-free, I don't know what kind of parrot it is (green and yellow) probably middle sized. I had an African Grey parrot, and they do love being with humans out of the cage. When mine couldn't be out, he was kept by a big window so that he could sun himself and watch the world go by. I guess I am also most worried about the bird.

Thanks everyone for you suggestions, and thanks for listening, sometimes you just have to talk about a situation to get your head wrapped around it.

r.

• whyizit
    whyizit

What a terrible position to be in. If you think she seems like a fairly descent person, someone that you can talk openly and honestly to, try to discuss it with her. It depends on the level of friendship you have with her. If, however, you think it would cause major problems as neighbors, then maybe you should not say anything at all. You could always report it anonymously later. Unfortunately, not much usually happens in cases like this. They may make her clean it up, but then she will likely fall into the sloppy mess again after no one is monitoring her.

It's really sad, but it happens all the time. I've reported people for starving farm animals, and got a lot of threats against my very life, so be careful how you handle it. If you say anything directly to her, then someone else reports her later, YOU will probably catch the blame. It's just a matter of time before someone turns her in anyway. Living next door will be no pic-nic if you are considered the "enemy".

Tha's probably why your husband wants you to let it go.

• Schism
    Schism

I'm a little concerned about the turtles inside the house. It sounds as if the tanks are overstocked. How many are in each tank? And how big are these tanks? Are there lamps on the tanks? Are they water turtles? How much land/water is available to them?

Tell her she can ship them to me. I rehab and rehome (into the wild) aquatic turtles. These are animals that often die in captivity because of hoarding. They are very sensitive to their environment and can easily become stressed and diseased. As for the big ones outside, they seem like they are in tortoise heaven, having their own yard (unless they are in a small pen, which is a big problem). I wouldn't stress over those guys.

Talk to her first, if that doesn't work, call your local no-kill humane society. They should investigate for you.

I feel your frustration!

• becca1
    becca1

Yes-call the ASPCA or Animal Control or somebody...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit