Why don't JW's change their failed methods of witnessing...

by zeroday 25 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

I would have thought that if the witnesses were really serious about 'the end' they would search out the places in the world where the word has not yet been preached, after all, Jesus said, when the word has been preached in all the world, then the end will come.

Much better than going round and round the same ole houses hm?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While they have tried to change to doing business territory and street witnessing, instead of pure door-to-door, my opinion is that there is not a whole lot of reaction to the message in the U.S. except among foreign languages. They are pushing JWs to join those.

The bulk of preaching is to keep rank and file busy SERVING God the Borg. I see them cutting back on what we leave with householders to keep costs down. There was a single sheet invitation to the conventions, now a flyer, Kingdom News Number 37. They want us to make return visits on these folks and they are having us keep count of the flyers, first time for that.

If they asked for more evening preaching, more people would tell them NO, and you can't have people deciding for themselves.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    If they asked for more evening preaching, more people would tell them NO

exactly the reasons why i hated preaching during the evenings and of course holidays when i was in the matrix.

• pippy
    pippy
    Door to door works... when it is done at the right time of the day. JW's do it when most people are working and living fulfilling lives. The people JW's find at home are usually retirees who do not have a fulfilled life, depressed people who can't function in a normal environment, people who are poor and have to rely on government assistance. In other words, the type of mark that the Watchtower Society is targeting

this says it alright,, these are the kind of ppl who might actually think it all makes sense.

I remember that everytime something god inspiring happened, it was never out in fs anyway,, it was always somewhere else,right when the person needed the help, if god is in control,wouldnt he guide you to the needy, instead of sending you to a bunch of empty houses,or to ppl who are not in the frame of mind to talk about it anyway.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Pippy,

if god is in control,wouldnt he guide you to the needy, instead of sending you to a bunch of empty houses,or to ppl who are not in the frame of mind to talk about it anyway.

AMEN! Excellent point. That is why many churches grow much faster than the JWs. Some churches started many decades after the JWs, and are many times larger than the JWs.

Jim Whitney

• tonyend
    tonyend

There were arrangements made for evening witnessing in my congregations. I participated a few times, but never really wanted to do it after being at work all day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit