Sinfull roots: Do they have an argument?

by LtCmd.Lore 2 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Well I just recently started looking up the origins of the society. And I learned that the society originated with C. T. Russel, but to do so he created a sect in his old religion... and we know what the bible says about sects, and he pretty much became a complete apostate and started teaching his own things. So if he hadn't sinned in two respects the WTBTS wouldn't exist. So how could god have chosen him to start THE true religion when he had to sin to do so? And every one of his followers had to be part of a sect... didn't god forsee this problem when he said to stay away from sects?

I was just wondering if they have an official rebuttal or if they just don't like to talk about it?

• zeroday
    zeroday

Russell's following began with a different viewpoint that there was no organized religion. He oposed organized religion of any sort. If he were to come back today and see what the Watchtower has become he would have condemed it as apostate and of the world. He believed that there were Christians and that was it, he believed in personal interpretation of the bible and one was answerable to God alone. The world he begun is not the empire that exists today in the form of the WTS.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

didn't god forsee this problem when he said to stay away from sects?

God didn't forsee a lot of things. Or thats the way he planned it. I think thats why they call it the gospel= godspell. You drive yourself crazy trying to figure this mad book, the bible out. It cant be done. This is all pure entertainment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit