I'm taking the fight to the Kingdom Hall. (long story)

by Zone 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..The last friggin 40yrs??..LOL!!..Now that I think about it,I can remember 1 phone,and that was later on...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

The cost of hooking up and maintaining phones costs differently in the US than in Canada. People call in for the meetings and some here in the UK tell me that would be prohibitively costly.

Got to have a phone to call the police and the ambulance. Early on it was a pay phone in the coat room but later it the costs were included in the congregation expenses.

Blondie

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    Going to church and associating with fellow believers helps a person personally carry out the Great Commision. All believers have a mission to help unbelievers begin a personal relationship with the savior of the world.

Okay which is it? Faith or works? What if I don't want to waste time on this mission? Is my "being saved" revoked? And remind me again, what exactly am I being 'saved' from?

Going to church also helps Christians minister to other Christians.

What exactly does that mean "minister to"? And why do you need to go to church to do it?

No Apologies

• done4good
    done4good
    Only the most intelligent jws will ever be able to get out. Stupid and half-smart people are usually lost for life.

I really beginnning to see the truth of that statement. My elder buddy is a pretty smart guy, who can't refute, (and even agrees with), most of what I tell him, yet still he would rather "just wait on Jehovah".

Very, very sad.

j

• freetosee
    freetosee

All credit is given to the Greek definition of Salvation/Saved. Once they read those definitions, and conjoining scriptures that said Slavation isn't of works, they confess/realized that they were Saved.

You make it sound like it’s so easy. I have been shown that many times as a jw, but the James’ "faith without works is dead", which was drilled by the wts stood strongly against what other Christians tried to tell me. That "once (jws) realise" is a lengthy process for most ex-members.

There are those jws who quickly find fault with a teaching, but in reality were finding an excuse for doing or not doing something expected of them. These ones usually return to the org or live a life of guilt, never finding true freedom from this cult.

I have to think of a lady I know who has been d’fed over 30 years ago and still believes it is the truth and Armageddon is just around the corner.

fts

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The best way to get the attention to the problem besides beating someone is to spend a few dollars and file a small claims action against the R&F robot for harassment. It works! And your satisfaction rate will soar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit